Hypnotism: How does it work?

Okay, we have threads on Astrology & Telepathy. I'm starting a discussion on Hypnotism. 😕

Have you seen the famous hypnotist Paul McKenna performing on stage? All he does is say "Sleep" and viola! everyone is in deep sleep!

My question is - How does hypnotism work? The science behind hypnotism?

Anyone?

Crooook

Replies

• Neha
    Neha
    I have heard a lot about Hypnotism..Even I am interested to know the science involved.
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    this is very interesting to know the science behind hypnotism
    can any one boost_up this thread please!
  • gohm
    gohm
    It only works if you choose it too, thus it is more by power of suggestion and desiring it to work.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Look into my eyes.....your feeling sleepy.....veeeeerrrrrrry sleeeeeeppppppyyyyy......when i click my fingers you will go into a trance and my voice will command you....*click*.
    Did it work on anyone? Am I good enough?
    Personally, I don't believe such a mass hypnotism is possible unless you secretly drug all the audience. I have doubts regarding hypnotism too, but would love to experience it first hand before coming to the final verdict. And as Gohm said, it only works if you choose it to.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    does it really works,i think it still a controversial topic,but still it is very interesting,i always wanted to use hypnotism on my boss and GF....tat will be so cool..
  • santhoshbabu
    santhoshbabu
    I have done Hypnosis shows in IIT delhi since 1994 every year for tech fest till 2006! I also have done this for Mood Indigo, IT Khanpur, BITS Pilani and IT BHU.

It does work, its a science and every one can learn that.

Santhosh Babu

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Everyone! I'm posting on behalf of my friend who is in search of a job. He is an experienced Java developer. Which is the best job search engine around?...
Hello CEans! I hope that this post will be useful to all. Please follow these pointers while posting questions in 'Help Me!' section- 1. Title your thread appropriately: - Thread...
hi.... try this puzzle there are two solutions containing water & milk in the ratio 1:4 & 1:5. now they mixed. so what is the ratio of water & milk...
Multiplication by all 9's wherein multiplicant being of equal no. of digits as of multiplier. Solved eg below. 2148 * 9999 = 21477852 - This is solved just in fraction...
hi , let us make thread , to share our job opening s ,,here , please co operate me