Hybrid vehicle

hi, I am a mechanical engineering final year student. I wish to do my project on hybrid vehicles, probably series type. I want to know the following

1. Which type of battery is most economical to use?
2. Which motor DC series(brushed/brushless) or AC synchronous is
feasible?
3. I need to propel the vehicle to a maximum of 40km/hr so, what must be the power of the motor?
I have a budget of maximum Rs 80,000/- can you please help me to find solutions. Forgive me if I have made any mistake
๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I've included my thoughts inline with your post.

ashwinsraj
    hi, I am a mechanical engineering final year student. I wish to do my project on hybrid vehicles, probably series type. I want to know the following

1. Which type of battery is most economical to use?

regular lead/acid cell 12v car batteries. however they are also the largest and heaviest

2. Which motor DC series(brushed/brushless) or AC synchronous is
    feasible?

I would suggest DC motor(s). 4 smaller hub mounted motors would be easier however a single traditional motor also works.

3. I need to propel the vehicle to a maximum of 40km/hr so, what must be the power of the motor?

what is the gvwr?

I have a budget of maximum Rs 80,000/- can you please help me to find solutions. Forgive me if I have made any mistake
    ๐Ÿ˜•
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    hi
    Normaly batary are increase weigt of car. And according to me you can use it in car If you want to use it in bike then there is more dificulty in desigen for this battery
    My advice is keep your vehical Max. speed 30Km/h & use 4 speed gare or more it will increase your efficency
  • ashwinsraj
    ashwinsraj
    gohm
    I've included my thoughts inline with your post.
    Thank you very much this helps me a lot. But some doubt about the battery still. What about inverter batteries, some of my frinds advised me to use inverter batteries instead of automotive. Can you please site the differences between the two?๐Ÿ˜•
  • gohm
    gohm
    Totally depend on your budget and application. Inverter batteries would cost more and improve charge cycle in a hybrid application using pto from the i.c. engine though not sure if the life cycle cost would be benefitial since the two types are very similar. Not manditory though, especially in a project application.
  • krishthd
    krishthd
    invertor battery are better.coz they give more efficiency as they recharge
  • krishthd
    krishthd
    this will help you a lot for your requirements.............
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    krishthd
    uydfclehgvliewuy ygweywehgkweyg kwjhvowieywejhkwejb this will help you a lot for your requirements.............
    Is that in the language of "cat-walked-over-keyboard"? ๐Ÿ˜€

Im guessing you have problem with posting a link?
  • ashwinsraj
    ashwinsraj
    Thanks a lot.๐Ÿ˜€ Please answer me another doubt. Variable resistance contol or the use of a pulse width modulation motor controller would be better..??๐Ÿ˜•
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    PWM is much more better ๐Ÿ˜€ Variable resistance causes power loss, hence its not efficient for controlling motors.
  • ashwinsraj
    ashwinsraj
    Can anybody answer me a general doubt?๐Ÿ˜•
    The DC drive looks simpler. But most of the present day hybrids and EV's adopt AC drive systems... why is that so??
  • ashwinsraj
    ashwinsraj
    Can anybody answer me a general doubt?๐Ÿ˜•
    The DC drive looks to be simpler. Inspite of this most of the present day hybrids adopt AC drive systems why is that so..???
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Use Inventor Type Battery If Possible add a solar power too mate...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My 999th post, Just as everyone sharing their experiences here at CE about their days here I too wanted to share something I felt here at CE. I joined CE...
On what basis are FM1 and FM2 classified in a Radio? what is SAT radio and how are SAT1, SAT2 and SAT3 classified?
As suggested by Biggi, I am starting a new thread (once we touch post count to 50 I will start a new one). The treand and complexity of questions would...
Ok.....i think my aims is............"to develop a music management system for a retail store???.....is there anything better suggestion u had in mind???....in my proposal they ask me to find 3...
Hi all, I've quite an interest in Algorithms. It's a recent interest and I've started reading stuff about it. Some doubts.. Please help. 1) What's meant by time complexity and...