CrazyEngineers
  • shahulhrj
    shahulhrj

MemberSep 7, 2007

hybrid motorcycle

hii friends.........

im shahul from trivandrum... im new to this community and im in need of ur help.. im studying final year b.tech automobile engg and im doin a hybrid bike a my project.. im making it on a old 100cc herohonda 4 stroke bike.. the basic idea is 1st and 2nd gear, the drive is from electric motor and in the third and final gear, the drive is from the 100cc i.c engine.. i want all of ur help to make tht 2nd to 3rd drive changing mechanism and how to control the dc compound motor.. i read in the net tht NiMH are the best to use in the hybrid vehicles... but r they available in india?.. the i.c engine will be running all the time in best possible lowest rpm (not idle as it consumes more fuel) and charges the battery.... i want ur help for a mechanism "to control and the drive the hybrid engine".. plz very very urgent!!!

looking forward for ur help.. 😳

shahul...
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • shahulhrj

MemberSep 11, 2007

😕 no body replying?...

comon guys.. i expected a lot.. its totally disappointing.. its been 5 days and not even a single reply...:?:
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 11, 2007

Low activity virus 😔

Automobile Engineers - where are you?

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberSep 12, 2007

Good luck for the project shahul! Sorry, can't contribute much to the solution 😔 Im guessing NiMH batteries are quite expensive, especially at the amount you need to power a motorcycle.
    Cancel
  • furkan_ims

MemberOct 3, 2007

Sorry Friend
    But If U Tell Me Some Thing About Hybrid Vehicles
    I Will Try To Help U
    Cancel
  • INCOGNITO

MemberOct 25, 2007

Hey shaahul !
    Im SHARAD a 3rd yr mech engg student frm DCE. Ur Hybrid bike seems 2 b a cool project but don u think makin a bike hybrid will make it bulky .. Moreovr in initial stage( i mean at d starting of engine) ie on 1 gear do u think dat ur d electric motor wud b able 2 take up that load ..
    Well i dont hav much knowledge abt all dese things, though im in dis field.. but thought of sharing watevr little knowledge i have ..
    Cancel
  • anand.ssukhi

MemberMay 12, 2009

hi Iam into an hybrid car.
    i just dont get why 1st and 2nd gear on electric
    try it such that whenever extra power is needed use electric use a microcontroller for switching. and you can have the motor mounted to the wheel as is done in a yo-bike.
    so u can use anyone and both simultaneously as per the need .
    about the battries Ni-mh and Li-ion both are vary good but r expensive.
    you can get both of them in mumbai.
    li-ion are standard 4 v ,2 amps so u will have to use them in nos in series parallel combinations for thevoltage and current u need.

all the bst!!
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register