Huge Data Undertaking

Ok so I need suggestions on how to handle a set of data that has over 260,000 individual values in it. I don't need to do anything really fancy with it. Basically the hang-up is how to store it, and in what format. The world's largest array? or a db? Also ideas as to how to actually go about doing it, obviously it will need to be automated. Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Any regular db (MySQL) can handle that amount of data easily on decent sized hardware. However, there are several factors you'll have to consider -
    1. Is the data static?
    2. Is the size fixed?
    3. Overall operations you will perform [updating values, adding/deleting values etc.]
    4. Desired speed of access
    I'm curious to know if something like Access can be used. Never used it myself.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi 😀 I'm confused about my syllabus. The subject name is Computer Programming and Utilization (subject code: 110003). I've "Programming in ANSI C, Forth Edition, E Balagurusamy, TMH" book. And...
Just stumbled upon photos of Tushek Renovatio T500 - the supercar from Slovenia. I must say the looks impress me. I searched the Internet and found following information about the...
I am junior instrument engineer and i need books of PLC and automation. Please someone guide me for my request. I want a book named Automating Manufacturing Systems with PLCs...
After reading THIS ARTICLE I googled a lot of really what arduino is. Only thing I understood is arduino is not capable of doing things that needs access to complex...
Here's an all glass house - I'm wondering whether these structures are really stable. Anyone?