Huawei MateBook Takes On Microsoft Surface At MWC 2016

It seems everyone wants to make a Surface competitor, even non-PC manufacturers. First it was Alcatel with its Alcatel Launches PLUS 10 2-in-1 Windows 10 Tablet With LTE Support and now it’s Huawei with MateBook. The Huawei MateBook is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device that offers its customers the simplicity of tablet and functionality of notebook. Unlike the Alcatel PLUS 10 this one is much closer to Microsoft Surface when it comes to design. The MateBook sports a 12-inch IPS panel display with Surface Pro 3-esqe 2160x1440 pixels resolution and 160 degree viewing angles. The Huawei MateBook comes with MatePen stylus which offers 2,048 levels of sensitivity that can capture user input with zero delay. The MateBook’s keyboard case made out of leather serves as a protective cover for the MateBook tablet. The keyboard sports chiclet design and 1.5mm keystroke.

Huawei MateBook 1
Huawei MateBook 2 Huawei MateBook 3 Huawei MateBook 4 Huawei MateBook 5

When it comes to the tech specs of the Huawei MateBook things get complicated. The Huawei MateBook will be sold in six variants all of which are powered by 6th Generation Intel Core m-series processors. The cheapest one at $699 (47,923 INR) is equipped with 2.20 GHz 6th Gen m3 processor, 4GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal memory. The priciest one at $1,599 is equipped with 6th Gen m7 processor, 8GB of RAM and 512GB of internal memory. Other variants include 256GB internal memory and 4 or 8GB of RAM. Huawei has stuck with a 5MP camera on the front of the tablet and ditched the status quo of sticking a rear camera. The Huawei MateBook is powered by a 33.7W or 4430mAh battery. The 2-in-1 Windows 10 device is charged with the help of USB Type C adapter. There are very few ports on the Huawei MateBook which include a headset jack, USB 3.1 type C jack and keyboard smart cover connector. We have to point here that the keyboard, MatePen and MateDock are sold separately for $129, $59 and $89 respectively.

Connectivity options on the Huawei MateBook include Wi-Fi MIMO and Bluetooth 4.1. Apart from a fingerprint sensor to unlock the MateBook we find an ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, Hall sensor on it. The Huawei Matebook will be sold in grey and golden colour variants in Asia, Europe and North America in the coming months.

Source: Huawei Launches MateBook at MWC 2016-huawei press center

Replies

• tommytrant20
    tommytrant20
    I leave the stable configuration as the price may seem high if you want to buy , but also torn between tablet and MiniBook

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), in collaboration with SLAC and Mitsubishi Ltd. have launched the ASTRO-H high precise satellite to investigate high energy cataclysmic events in the universe. Named...
hi frnds i need a pdf of nano coating in aircraft for my seminar plz help
So I'm a mining engineer working in a role where half of what I do is mechanical in nature. A discussion came up the other day where someone mentioned that...
outportb(port1+1,0x00); outportb(port1+3,0x80); outportb(port1+2,0x0B); outportb(port1+0,0x60); can somebody please explain what these instructios mean in c language ..
Apart from the smartphone launches, the Mobile World Congress is also a platform for companies to show off their new connected devices. Oral-B took to the floors at MWC yesterday...