HTML 5 Discussions: Next Version Of Hyper Text Markup Language

CEans,

Are you aware that the next version of the hyper text markup language [or simply, the language that lets you view all these beautiful web pages on the Internet] is around the corner.

Filename extension     HTML5: .html, .htm
XHTML5: .xhtml, .xht, .xml
Internet media type     HTML5: text/html
XHTML5: application/xhtml+xml, application/xml
HTML 5 is going to change the web-app development scene in the world.

Wikipedia says -

Differences from HTML 4/XHTML 1.x

The following is a cursory list of differences and some specific examples.

• New parsing rules oriented towards flexible parsing and compatibility
  • New Html Element – section, article, footer, audio, video, progress, nav, meter, time, aside, Canvas %28Html Element%29, datagrid
  • New types of form controls – dates and times, email, url, search
  • New Html Attributes – ping (on a and area), charset (on meta), async (on script), data-x (where x is a user supplied custom attribute name.)
  • Global attributes (that can be applied for every element) – id, tabindex, hidden
  • Deprecated elements dropped – center, font, strike
  • Frames made invalid.
  • Not based on SGML.
Share your thoughts on HTML 5 and how it's going to change the Internet (read: World 😀 )

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    dude!! Google WAVE is based on HTML 5 😁
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Wow!! Frames going to be dropped!! Yes!! I hate frames, and its a good thing that they are dropped.

I think HTML5 also tries to make these controls a little bit more dynamic, thus taking the power of processing and manipulating the presentation of data from the server, and giving it to the browser client.

This with jquery would be an awesome experience for web users.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I see that lot of our regular CEans aren't online these days. I hope everything's well with everyone! I had been busy with few of the projects and I admit...
Here's a simple question for all of you - 1. Name the first Internet ".com" domain registered. When was it registered?
One of the discussion topics given to us, when I was a student: Do MBAs make better entrepreneurs? Your take?
Recently, I had to flash my laptop's BIOS. I did it on my own by following instructions on laptop manufacturer's official website. However, I'm not sure what exactly is BIOS...
how can i get answers for my questions............ how ce wiil be beneficial to me........ pls help me anyone..............