HTC Desire 500 Price In India, Specs & Features Listed - Highlights Of The New Smartphone

HTC India, the Taiwanese handset maker, has today launched HTC Desire 500 priced at Rs. 21,490 in India. This mid-range handset has a nice set of specifications and features on its list. Packed with a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad core processor, the HTC Desire 500 features a 4.3-inch display on the TFT capacitive touchscreen that has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. "The Desire range has become renowned for bringing a premium mobile experience to the mass market. This particular model enables powerful multitasking and boasts of an excellent camera," HTC India Head Faisal Siddiqui said in a statement.

Available in Dual-SIM and NFC in selected markets, for memory there's 4 GB onboard expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card. Users can take snaps with a 8 megapixel camera with with auto focus and LED flash and a 1.6 megapixel front-facing one. The phone has a BSI sensor of size 1/3.2", a dedicated HTC ImageChip, F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens. The Smart Flash feature brings five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject. There's support for 720p video recording, Gallery with Video Highlights and HTC Share and continuous shooting and VideoPic along with slow motion video recording with variable speed playback.

HTC-Desire-500

Running the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system, the HTC Desire 500 has Android with HTC Sense and HTC BlinkFeed. The phone features an Accelerometer, Proximity sensor and Ambient light sensor. For connectivity, users have access to 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX enabled, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n and DLNA. The speakers are of Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio. Lastly, there's a 1800 mAh removable and rechargeable Li-polymer battery that offers up to 12.1 hours of talktime for 3G and up to 435 hours on standby.

We recently covered the HTC Desire 600 and didn't find its tech specs very impressive. We are looking forward to the views and comments from fellow readers to seek their opinions on the new launch. Feel free to share your thoughts in comments below.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    HTC has now come up with its best in class cam equipped phone. BSI sensor of size 1/3.2", a dedicated HTC ImageChip, F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens makes it impressive.
    A 5" screen could have Been added.Is the price justified?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had searched many websites on how to share my internet connection in the Personal computer to my android powered mobile phone but I ended in a thread that it...
I visited the thermal power plant they told the in large alternators sealed hydrogen gas is used for cooling the rotor ........is there any reasons behind that and why other...
Spice’s Smart Flo Pace series has got its latest member with the launch of Spice Smart Flo Pace 3. This smartphone has a 5-inch TFT LCD display with a resolution...
i am doing project on smart metering based on plc ...........any idea about this
Before we begin, we would like to clarify this is not a new product from the Cupertino giant, but a one off piece Leica camera designed by Jonathan Ive for...