HP Slate 6 And Slate 7 Sport Same Features In Different Sizes

HP India has launched its two new tablet brothers - HP Slate 6 and Slate 7 in the country today. As was HP VoiceTab Slate 6 And Slate 7 Announced - Phablets Just Got Bigger, Hewlett-Packard has launched the new voice tablets in the mid-budget range. Priced at Rs. 22,990 and Rs. 16,990 respectively, HP Slate 6 and 7 are here to bring the tablets in a comparatively low price segment when it is in competition with its peers. We decided to take a closer look at the features and specs that these tablets have to offer. The common feature in both the Slates is the processor - A Marvell PXA1088 1.2 GHz Quad-core one. This is one surprising move when most of the tech town was expecting a MediaTek or Qualcomm engine being packed inside.

Let us take a look at the specifications of each tablet one by one. Features shared by both Slate 6 and Slate 7 include - an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system (No KitKat out-of-the-box), an internal storage of 16 GB and a support for a 25GB cloud storage. The internal memory can be expanded using the microSD Slot to up to 32GB. The tablets pack inside them a 1GB DDR2 at 1333 MHz and bring support for Dual SIM cards and dual front speaks that have stereo sound. On the connectivity front, the tablets score good with - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+ EDR, 3G and GPRS in place. On the tablet's body, you will find a 3.2mm Audio Jack, a microUSB 2.0 port and a microSD Card slot. Coming to the cameras - On the rear end, there's a 5 megapixel one with auto-focus and LED Flash, whereas on the front side, there's a decent 2 megapixel one.

Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 12.20.01 PM
Now let us come to the individual tablet's exclusive features. The HP Slate 6 weighs 160g and has a 15.2 cm (6”) HD IPS capacitive multi-touch display with a 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It packs inside it a 3000 mAh Li-Polymer battery with unspecified standby time. Whereas the HP Slate 7 weighs 325 g and features a 17.8 cm (7”) HD IPS capacitive multi-touch display with a 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. This one brings in a 4100 mAh Li-Polymer battery.

Available in two colors - Black and White, the HP Slate 6 and Slate 7 sport exclusive apps such as HP Connected Music, HP e-Print, HP Connected Photo an HP File Manager. The best part of this tablets are that they let you make phone calls - a feature mostly unavailable in gadgets with similar screen sizes and configuration. The price range that they are offered at isn't too high either. Now only time will tell if the tablets will fair well with the Indian consumers or not. There's too much competition in the over-crowded tablet-phablet market. HP has put together a demo video for each tablet. Check them out below -

HP Slate 6 -

HP Slate 7 -

Consumers who are looking to consolidate their phones and tablets may find the voice calling tablets quite impressive. In competition with HP Slate tablets are - ASUS Fonepad Price In India Is INR 15,999 - It's A Phone, A Tablet And A Phablet, Lava E-Tab Ivory Tablet - Specs, Features & Price In India Detailed and iBall Slide 3G 8072 Tablet Features Dual-SIM Support & Lets You Make Calls. We have previously covered these tablets and they all lie in the similar price range.

Update: HP has roped in Indian Film Industry's leading actress Deepika Padukone as the brand ambassador for the new VoiceTab series of tablets. With the actress smashing box office records with her recent movies, the company must be hoping to get good attraction from the youth.

How do you like the features of HP Slate 6 and 7? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PRAGYAA, A National Level Technical Extravaganza, With a motto of promoting Technology, Scientific thinking, Innovation and an awareness about society. It’s an ethos of a team, a tale of gradual...
hi... am a BCA graduate willing to do certificate course which should help my career... my question is, which course is helpful software testing or oracle.... please suggest me...
Content publishers and website owners across the web have been facing the issue of broken links over the last few years. A new algorithm developed by computer engineers from University...
how can i comment on some one's post who has posted on my wall.. & post something in some one's wall in CE forum?
Hello CEan's, After a very long time I'm here. and need help from you guy's. I wanted to start a forum on my interested and it's widely followed sector. There...