HP Envy 14 Spectre Ultrabook Available In India For Price Rs. 1 Lakh

HP continues to be one of the most popular PC brand in India. The company today launched the HP Envy 14 Spectre Ultrabook for a price of Rs. 1 lakh. The laptop offers stylish looks and a very think bezel. The ultrabook ships with Intel Core i5 / i7 ULV Processors with up to 256GB SSD, Beats Audio technology and 14-inch display. The customers will also get a choice of all three editions of the Windows 7 operating system.

hpenvy14spectre

The unit measures 12.88"Wx8.7"Dx0.79"H and the screen is scratch proof. HP claims that on regular usage the ultrabook will last for about 9.5 hours (that battery life is comparable to Apple's Macbook Air). HP also offers lot of software goodies with this laptop including Full-versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements software, free 2 years of Norton Internet Security 2012.

Complete tech specs are available here: #-Link-Snipped-#

How many of our CEans are planning to buy this machine? Do you think the price is justified? Also, is 'beats audio' that good?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Those interested in a video demonstration, have a look:

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It can make mac guys jealous ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Awesome one! Looks like Mac... A competitor for Apple? ๐Ÿ˜›
    The only issue right now is the price, which will get down sooner! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Yep, that's it. A macbook killer.

But you know what? I detest 'ultrabooks'. Way too expensive, and out-of-vogue in about a year. Me, I have a strong back, so I'll buy something a little thicker and more reliable.
  • avii
    avii
    *cough* I see copy of MBP *cough*
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    I don't think it copies MBP. Apple's design philosophy may inspire others; but they simply can't afford to copy it. Apple's totally notorious for suing other companies so other manufacturers better stick to their own designs. Yes SSDs in laptops were popularized by the MacBooks. I really wonder whether people really want 'thin' gadgets. Apple also knows that they can control the markets. The move to exclude the optical drive was big one and it surprised many! Apple knows that other manufacturer will eventually follow the trend set by them.

Apple's evil.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    avii
    One look at the keyboard makes me feel the same.

Anyway, in US it is available for $1400. Way too cheap than One Lakh Rupees.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    AbraKaDabra
    One look at the keyboard makes me feel the same.

Anyway, in US it is available for $1400. Way too cheap than One Lakh Rupees.
    THIS is the best news! ๐Ÿ˜›

Lemme ask someone from there to buy me one and send... ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been hearing the 'Beats Audio' thingy quite a lot of times these days. It looks like the company promises to offer high quality sound in computers and mobiles. The...
What I understand about wind curtailment is that the wind turbine is being shut down when the wind speed/power exceeds. I am doing simulation for unit commitment problem by using...
In cars with rear wheel drive, and where the engine is located exactly above the rear axle and thus eliminating the need for a propeller shaft, how is the gearbox...
can anyone tell me that what does mean by composite suspension?
From experience, I know that there are several engineers who are stuck up in the jobs they don't like. If they had a chance, they'd run away the next moment...