How you can save money on your college laptop

If you're tight on budget, but need a laptop for your college needs; the best way would be to get an old laptop (second hand) and setup uBuntu in it. uBuntu does not need powerful hardware and is at par with Windows 7 and other operating systems.

The biggest advantage: Everything on uBuntu from Word Processing to Image editing - is totally, absolutely, legally free.

By the way, how many of you have uBuntu installed on your laptops?

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    I like ubuntu newest version 10.04 and i am using it with very keen interest .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, If your college is organizing a TechFest or any similar event; you can now have CE as your tech fest partner. We're now open to all the proposals. We...
hii every1,, can any1 help me out in developing a java mobile application(a jar application)..?? its descrption is as follows- it is a typ of app. of which will run...
Hello Guys, I am using Ubuntu 10.0.4. I am pretty much new to Linux. I am facing a problem, whenever I start Ubuntu It is asking user id and password...
joining pipes with frp.. would that b topic for innovation
HELLO, I am an electronics and communication engineer persuing third year.I opened a calculator and was amused to find that it contains only a lcd, a chip and a ciruit...