How to write this trigger

Trrigers

๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Hi ,

I am not much touch in database programming but have to include trigger for this following table in one of my subprograms so please can anyone suggest a solution for it
as I am days stuck on these for days and not able to get it .

customer(custno,custname,address)
order(orderno,total_cost,date_ordered,date_dispatched,date_paid,status)
orderline(orderno,prodno,quantity)
product(prodno,prodname,proddescr,unit_cost)

We have to write a rule/trigger to update total cost of an order when we change quantity in orderline table .

also we have another trigger to handle situation when product is removed from stock
it should follow two action as
1) update status field for any orders for that product to be seeking alternative products
2) Set the quantity values of orderline containing the product to null .

I would be thanful for the reply .

Replies

• slashfear
    slashfear
    Hey king,

Alright this is the second time I am asking you please specify the database your using because the way to create a trigger (syntax) differs from database to database, so specify the database on which your working on so that you can get a correct guidance or solution....

By the way the above task can be easily done in SYBASE database I have done it previoulsy its easy.... I will tell you the logic how to do it if you can specify the database your working on......

-Arvind
  • king99
    king99
    Hi , I am using Oracle database , trigger is simple related to SQL , very simple database so trigger should be simple !!

thanks for your response !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Vieni a trovarci su <> il sito del podcast <> la trasmissione gratuita orientata ai temi di ingegneria civile, meccanica, elettrica, nucleare, architettura, informatica e quant'altro possa interessare i tecnici...
We , TECHIES , people from modern era ,suppose us to be very logical and rational towards the things. Yet we have faiths and trusts whose reasons we cannot explain.Sometimes...
one suggestion for ur site: Concentrate Stuff Maybe like groups on the home page ~tree system ~then the forum
Usually these applications updates your status or brings your recent wall posts on social networking websites by sending and receiving Short Messaging Service (SMS dude !!!). The following are two...
Hello Everyone, I am working on an intelligent traffic light control system as my final year project. More like a traffic system that can take decisions on its own. It...