CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@nitishchopra2002 • 27 Jun, 2012
hello everyone
i am looking to work in cloudsim software for scheduling . i installed jdk and then netbeans , after that i followed
https://cloudsim-setup.blogspot.in/2012/01/cloudsim-installation-with-netbeans.html

this link instructions . I m still unable to run examples as per the instructions given by the this . error coming is the MISSING MAIN CLASS . can anybody help ?
also i want to know how to use cloudsim , i mean are we required to modifications in cloudsim given examples to implement own scheduling alogrithms? kindly explaina bit .
thank u
@Reya • 28 Jun, 2012 Did you install cloudsim with netbeans properly? Can you upload the screenshot here?
@nitishchopra2002 • 28 Jun, 2012 sorry. cannot upload screen shots now. have u worked in cloudsim? its my first time. what knowledge is requred to use cloudsim or to implement new scheduling techniques in cloudsim.
basic concepts of java programming or deep programming in java? or something else too?
@Reya • 28 Jun, 2012 • 2 likes Knowledge about Basic Java programming,cloud computing,some programming IDEs like Eclipse is sufficient to work on cloudsim. Sorry, I've not worked on cloudsim.

This would answer all your questions- https://code.google.com/p/cloudsim/wiki/FAQ

If you have any doubt regarding the implementation, feel free to ask here.
@nitishchopra2002 • 28 Jun, 2012 thank you so much
@sandeep varma • 22 Dec, 2012 me too followed the above instructions but got the error message while running CloudSimExample1:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/cloudbus/cloudsim/provisioners/PeProvisioner : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
Exception in thread "main" Java Result: 1
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 0 seconds)
.Can anyonehelp me please
@rahul69 • 22 Dec, 2012 Looks like there is a mismatch between ur jdk and jre. Which version of jdk u r using?
I have seen people with java7 facing this problem.
Try reinstalling jdk and jre so that both have same version.
😀
Hope it helps!
@vartta siyal • 02 Jul, 2013
nitishchopra2002
hello everyone
i am looking to work in cloudsim software for scheduling . i installed jdk and then netbeans , after that i followed
https://cloudsim-setup.blogspot.in/2012/01/cloudsim-installation-with-netbeans.html

this link instructions . I m still unable to run examples as per the instructions given by the this . error coming is the MISSING MAIN CLASS . can anybody help ?
also i want to know how to use cloudsim , i mean are we required to modifications in cloudsim given examples to implement own scheduling alogrithms? kindly explaina bit .
thank u

hi nitish,
i m also getting d same error and working on d same project.
if u get ur error resolved, kindly help me. or send ur contact so dt i can contact u. my email- vtvartta@gmail.com

or if any one can help plz ......
@maryam87a78 • 09 Jul, 2015 hello
i have a program and i want write it in cloudsim ,i installed cloudsim on netbeans but i cant registery my classes with cloudsim, classes.
can U help me please?
@Ankita Katdare • 17 Jul, 2015 Tagging @rahul69 for help here.
@rahul69 • 27 Jul, 2015
maryam87a78
hello
i have a program and i want write it in cloudsim ,i installed cloudsim on netbeans but i cant registery my classes with cloudsim, classes.
can U help me please?
I am not sure what you meant by 'registry my classes' but if you are facing issue after installing cloudsim, you may include it as a project and extend the cloudsim classes to your own new classes.
Hope it helps.
@Cathrine Selvista • 10 Mar, 2016 Hi all,

How can i integrate occi4java with cloudsim?
please help...

Thank you in advance
@Cathrine Selvista • 10 Mar, 2016 Hi all,

How can i use the cloudsim with the occi4java ?

Please help me out of this...

Thankyou in advance
4k views

Related Posts

@Ankit Sood · Jan 28, 2015

Project Abstract / Summary : LPG gas is supplied in pressurized steel cylinders. As this gas is heavier than air, so when it leaks from a cylinder it flows along...
1.3k views

@Vila · Nov 8, 2008

Hiiii everybody, How do i change or convert C codes to Matlab codes? Is there any software that can convert C codes to Matlab codes? I have lots of C...
2.1k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 20, 2015

I think almost every engineer who's not from CS/IT background will be asked this question by recruiters from software companies. I'm an electrical engineer and when I was looking for...
21.8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 31, 2011

This is bit strange, but I'm unable to find the owner of Woodlands shoes brand. I've tried to find out information on Wiki and other Internet websites, but no use....
1.4k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 30, 2013

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is ready for the launch of GSLV-D5 scheduled on January 5, 2014. The launch team has received a green signal from the mission readiness review...
1.4k views