How to troubleshoot a Kvar utility meter?

Dear Engineers:

I have a kvar meter...an analogue one...which is counting i beleive more Kvar than the real consumed one.
It is counting about 8400 Kvar A DAY!!!although a power factor controller panel is attached ...the power factor is about .94
the Kw meter is consuming about 6000 Kw a day
Please any1 would help to troubleshoot this measuring device?

Thank you

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lot of people love to flaunt the number of friends they have on Facebook. The following dilbert strip is dedicated to all of them -
I m from IPU doin b.tech in electrical &electronics engg., n wanna join institute 'MadeEasy' for preparation with weekend course.I asked many seniors if I should join this at end...
Hello Guys, For serious engineering studies fun is required, as we are in DBIT enjoyed rocking performance of Raghu Dixit during our annual fest watch out our college fest photos...
Lecture by Prof. S.K.Maiti Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Bombay. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical & Automobile engineers, share your ideas, ask questions and doubts in this discussion.
Lecture by Prof. S.K.Maiti Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Bombay Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical & Automobile engineers, share your ideas, ask questions and doubts in this discussion.