How to switch to software testing?

I am looking to change my domain to testing, can someone guide me from where to do? Also which all points and which all technologies I should master in?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's going to be a little difficult to offer a proper advice unless you tell us about your current domain, experience etc.
  • Meenakshi Rana
    Meenakshi Rana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's going to be a little difficult to offer a proper advice unless you tell us about your current domain, experience etc.

I had one year experience in Networ Testing in HCL and one year experience in E-Learning domain in which i did some programming in C and some managerial work.
  • Chintan Umarani
    Chintan Umarani
    #-Link-Snipped-# :

You should start to learn some advance testing concept. I am sure you are well versed with basics.

If you go towards automation testing it will be quite domain neutral and it will help you to work in any domains (like web development)

Check this website for learning videos : #-Link-Snipped-#

Try to learn some automated testing tools like selenium, It will give boost to your resume. #-Link-Snipped-#

Free ebooks on SDLC & testing : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think you already have the necessary experience. I'd recommend looking for opportunities within your current organization. If you are planning to apply to a new company, I'd strongly recommend getting a certification in testing (ISTQB) and make yourself familiar with the concepts of automation testing. It should be easy for you because of your background in C-programming. As #-Link-Snipped-# said, Selenium is one of the popular tools along with the age old QTP.

I hope this answers your question. If you have more questions, feel free to ask them below. Be active on CE and I'm sure you can get a lot of your doubts cleared. Feel free to discuss various testing related topics and concepts with our fellow CEans.

All the best!
  • Meenakshi Rana
    Meenakshi Rana
    Thanks a lot! Its really a good piece of information for me to start with.
  • svrtechnologie
    svrtechnologie
    Thank you so much. Its really a good stuff for me to start with.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Flipkart has announced the 'Same Day' delivery guarantee, if you are located in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai or Thane. The condition is that you should...
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI), the company with a popular range of two-wheelers in India, has launched a new variant of its top scooter with Honda Activa 125. The...
India and its economy are going through a very interesting phase in history. These elections are supposed to be the game changer, no matter which party comes to the power....
Lenovo India has come up with a new mid-sized S-series smartphone cum phablet for the Indian market with Lenovo S860. The smartphone runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (which is...
Druva was founded in 2007 by Jaspreet Singh, Ramani Kothandaraman and Milind Borate. A company that builds product for backups and data protection aimed at enterprises that work in a...