CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Preethi Raman • 01 Dec, 2008
Can you plzz say me how to stop the recursion function
@krishna_540 • 02 Dec, 2008
Preethi Raman
Generally the recursion function will quit based on the condition stated in the function or using a break statement or a return function
@krishna_540 • 02 Dec, 2008
Preethi Raman
can u pls tell me the exact problem wher u want to break the function so that i can be more clear
@Ashutosh_shukla • 02 Dec, 2008 Recursive functions always contain 2 parts.First that indicates action to be done by this call and second is the one that recursively calls the function again.We may specify condition that is to be satisfied for calling recursively or may also specify the condition of terminating the recursion process.
For eg: In factorial we continously call until the argument passed is 1 and when argument is 1 we simply return 1 so stop the recursion
@Preethi Raman • 02 Dec, 2008 Thanks a lot for your answer..and also does the recursion function forms
an infinite loop???
Its clear that we can terminate the recursive function either by a break,goto,and return functions..
@komputergeek • 03 Dec, 2008 break and goto are used to terminate loop.
@komputergeek • 03 Dec, 2008
Preethi Raman
does the recursion function forms
an infinite loop???
If you don't specify any statement to terminate,it will form infinite loop.

e.g
void func()
{
       func();
}
@rscrbv • 18 Dec, 2008
Preethi Raman
i think u r not knowing correct concept of recursion
Given here in pseudocode:​
function factorial(n)
{
if (n<=1)
return 1;
else
return n * factorial(n-1);
}​
@moksh • 19 Dec, 2008 recursion function have a base condition ....

every time the function is called ... the value moves closer to he base condition....
@Ahmad Suudi • 20 Oct, 2014 Please try :

publicstaticvoidMain(string[]args)
{
tampil(10);
}

privatestaticvoidtampil(inti)
{
Console.WriteLine("Halo"+i.ToString());

if(i>0)
tampil(i-1);
}
4.8k views

Related Posts

@Radhika Deshpande · Jul 11, 2016

Born and brought up in Mumbai, Lakshmi Ananthamurthy is a Construction Engineer by degree and an MBA graduate from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. A mother of...
4.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 26, 2013

Intex India has launched an all new smartphone called the Intel Cloud X3, that has got its own claim to glory by bagging home the title of 'Cheapest QuadCore Smartphone'....
1.9k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Dec 16, 2013

Pebble Smartwatch now works with Windows Phone 8 devices thanks to the Pebble Watch Pro app that was released recently on the Windows Phone Store. The unofficial app developed by...
2.3k views

@atul-namdeo · Nov 2, 2013

hello, i want to know is there any way to get placed through off campus while pursuing B.E.(Mechanical) in final year? plz tell what should i do?
4.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 16, 2015

In the year 2014, we saw the upsurge of wearable electronic gadgets becoming a part of common man's life. Be it smartwatches or smartglasses, the top leading tech companies are...
3.2k views