How to start ? Can somebody help with Business Ideas & Market Trend Analysis?

I'm planning to start the business. Though I'm part of great MNC and great team , good manager, cool ratings in my appraisals , I'm planning to quit my job soon. I'm also getting the feel that, there is no meaning in cubicle life . I have discussed a lot on this with my friends,like which idea to implement and which business to start but discussions ended with nothing but great confusions.

I have few questions,
I'm pretty good at java/j2ee and have computer science background, but no idea how it will help me in starting the business 😕.
We have lot of entrepreneurs in CE. CEans can you share some business ideas which can be started with small capitals?
Is it possible to get the past year statistical reports of sales on particular business , competitors, demand and supply, from any websites or from any other companies?
Business is a buzz word. But when I am thinking of starting a business and started analyzing it I'm realizing that it is not easy and will be a big challenge 👍.

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I'm not able to edit the title to give the better title for the thread😔
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The title is fine. Choosing a business idea or venture is quite an easy process. Don't quit in haste - and that's what I can tell you from my own experience. Since you're an experienced professional, you should list the skills you currently have. Also figure out what domain you'll be fine working in. The basic question you may ask yourself is -

What problem can I solve?

Once you find a problem & are confident of delivering a solution that's better than existing ones you're good to go. I'd also advise you to save for the next few months in case you do not find your customers right away. Be aware that the life in a corporate world and a startup is going to be 180 degree different. Start small so that you can afford to fail and if you have a co-founder; make sure that he/she adds to your skills. Take your time, figure out your master plan and then give it a go. Keep us updated 😀
  • vinci
    vinci
    providing service must be the ultimate goal to whatever business you may do .you just think of the positive strength of your's and start following that way .ALso remember your weakness and try to reduce it throughout the journey of your business.be confident also
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Thank you big_k and vinci.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ms_cs
    Thank you big_k and vinci.
    Keep us posted about your progress.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone say me which is the latest technique used for load sharing between parallel transformers?
I am reading for a Management and IT dgree and we are asked to do do it project as final year project so i need an idea for a management...
iTechRoots is a Technical symposium organized by Yashwantrao Chawan College of Engineering, Nagpur. iTechRoots is a technical symposium, third version after the grand success of 2011 that comprises various events...
Scintilla 12 is a Technical Symposium organized by Prince Shri Venkateashwara Padmavathy Engineering College, Chennai. Department of Computer Science and Engineering of the college are the Regal Pioneers of the...
Eznec 12 is a Technical Festival organized by Narayana Engineering College, Nellore. It is a national level technical festival. Events for the festival will be: Paper Presentation Technical Quiz C...