How to start a wordpress blog?

Hello CEans

Now a days we can find many people spending their time on social networking sites , chatting and blogging. Among all these , blogging started seeking my attention these days. Many of you has a blog already or thinking to start a new one. So let us use this thread to share information about blogging and also find answers to any queries regarding blogging.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Re: Bloggers Spot

@ursplfrnd: Should we post here about how to start 'wordpress blog'?
    It's better if we ask precise questions. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Re: Bloggers Spot

Yes.Wordpress would be a good choice is guess. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am assuming that this is for starting a personal blog. You might have a bunch of observations, or reviews that you want to share. Use wordpress for it.

It's very easy to start a wordpress blog. Follow these steps:

1. Go to #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. Enter the blog name URL .wordpress.com
    3. Specify email address, password & username to be used to sign in to wordpress.
    4. Click on 'Sign Up'
    5. Done.

You can choose from the various free themes that come attached with your wordpress account.

Please note, if you want to use your own domain the process is a little different and it is not free.
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

More about themes please.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Why we use wordpress?๐Ÿ˜ There are other sites also provide such facility. Is there any special features?? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @gaurav: Good question.

Following are the few reasons that makes wordpress so popular:
    1. Wordpress is Open Source.
    2. Thousands of free plugins for wordpress come out daily.
    3. Wordpress is not just a blog-making tool. It's a content management system (CMS).
    4. Professional looking websites can be made very easily using Wordpress.
    5. Wordpress is SEO Friendly. For example it supports sending pings to other sites, making categories, tagging your posts etc..
    6. 'Automattic', the company that runs wordpress is a great company. They handle the 'support' work nicely & documentation about different elements of wordpress is easily available.
    7. The wordpress editor - From a personal experience, the wordpress editor is very smooth running. If you can use MS-Word, wordpress isn't ever difficult for you.
    8. Lastly, "themes". Great looking themes are growing in numbers everyday. ๐Ÿ˜€

9. guess what, I love wordpress so much that I took only 5 minutes to jot down all the points above. ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TOR is a system intended to enable online anonymity. Here's what wikipedia has to say about TOR: Tor client software routes Internet traffic through a worldwide volunteer network of servers...
What is the recruitment procedure of Reliance? Do they visit campus? For which branches do they usually offer campus placement? Do they conduct technical interview? Here are some of the...
Engineering students are in a dilemma when they get a low score on 'GRE Analytical writing' section. Many are of the opinion that a good score on Quants is sufficient...
There is lot of curiosity about making money from blogging. Is it really worth investing time and money in blogging? Can it make money? Well, there are too many questions....
i would like to know about wireless electricity charging...low voltage electrical energy transfer which could be used for charging of mobiles and laptops...i heard its based on resonance of coils...