How to speedup Windows startup and shutdown speed?

I am using Windows & home basic. Every time i boot my computer it will take around 3 min to satrtup and shutdown speed also low.

Is there is any steps to speedup this??

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    First of all , clean up your system, leave some space for system to work.

> Delete all unnecessary files, you don't want.

> Delete all Temporary files, which may have stored since ages.

> Use only one antivirus. (Which are you using now?)

> Use a batch file to clean up all your files.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Ganesh MSD
    I am using Windows & home basic. Every time i boot my computer it will take around 3 min to satrtup and shutdown speed also low.

Is there is any steps to speedup this??
    Or u can simply format and reinstall😉 (if u've got original installation disk)😁
    but be careful to create backup first😏
  • lal
    lal
    Even de-fragmenting helps. Some de-fragmenting applications even have this special option that will order the files according to how they are accessed while booting.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yes, De-fragmenting is a good option, but first clean up your system, and yes, don't forget to hide all those useless icons in the system tray, as when you start up your PC, they pose much problem, if you have listed there many icons, and search a batch file for cleaning up all temporary files, or if you can't find, PM me, I'll give you one.

😀
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    rahul69
    Or u can simply format and reinstall😉 (if u've got original installation disk)😁
    but be careful to create backup first😏
    ya i already re install my OS it is also very slow. Slow on startup mostly it take more than 3 min.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yes, De-fragmenting is a good option, but first clean up your system, and yes, don't forget to hide all those useless icons in the system tray, as when you start up your PC, they pose much problem, if you have listed there many icons, and search a batch file for cleaning up all temporary files, or if you can't find, PM me, I'll give you one.

😀
    I delete my temp files and also uninstall useless programs. even when i am booting it is very slow. where can i get de-fragmenting software
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Windows has a default de fragmenter, here is how you reach there :-

#-Link-Snipped-#

Moreover, open up MyComputer, right click on the drive, then properties, and select Compress this drive to save Disk Space under General Properties tab..!! 😁

Ganesh MSD
    ya i already re install my OS it is also very slow. Slow on startup mostly it take more than 3 min.
    Are you really sure about this, I mean did you just format the hard disk or all your data is there and moreover , have you selected that setting of applying properties from previous version of Windows, If you did this, then there's nothing going to happen even if you do this more than 1000 times, What you have to do, is (of course if you can afford) format your drive, and keep all the data in External Hard Disk , and Keep your computer Clean, The more you store on your hard disk, the more Processes often takes place, which of course takes more space in the system, and you're running out of space, and I'm sure your Ram consumption would be also high.

BDW, Could you please tell me your system configuration?
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    press windows key+r and you get run, type in msconfig and disable unwanted startup programs also disable non windows services which are not required on bootup.
    Remove unwanted programs if any use tfcleanup or ccleaner for removing temp files.
    Perform error checking too by right clicking C drive and click tools.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not sure if this would help - but I could speed up my Windows machines using the following-

1. Make sure that there are 'zero' programs that load at the startup.

2. Ensure that the operating system resides in C: and there's no other data in that drive. Plus, make your 'program files' folder in a separate partition; say D:. This should speed up your computer at least by 15-20%. I don't know the logical reason for this, but it seems to work all the time.

3. Make sure that your computer has sufficient RAM. If it does not, the system will end up writing stuff on your HDD than accessing it directly from the main memory.

If you want to add more awesomeness to your computer and don't mind spending a few bucks, I'd recommend getting an SSD purely for the operating system and then store all your regular work (files, videos, documents et al.) in your current HDD configured as a slave. That way, your machine will read the operating system from the SSD during boot time, making it boot faster than ever before.

I hope this helps.
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    I use CCleaner software to clear out temporary files and other system files. Reduce the number of startup applications and defragment my hard disk 2-3 times a month.
  • moksh
    moksh
    buy a better system!
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Ganesh MSD
    I delete my temp files and also uninstall useless programs. even when i am booting it is very slow. where can i get de-fragmenting software
    hey whats the size of your c drive or the drive in which os is installed. do not make it huge compress it to just 40-60gb it will be help u.👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii to all i kodandan completed BE mechanical, worked as production engg and technical service engg in apollo tyres ltd. Now joined as service manager in tyre protector india pvt...
All of use use FB right? All the time right? Well ... if their new product seems to deliver what it promises then the entire of the mobile internet will...
I created a power point presentation on Mac OSX, added it to my Dropbox and then downloaded it on my Windows 7 machine to edit it further. To my horror,...
I'm looking at the possibility of reusing waste heat to generate steam and drive a turbine to generate electricity. The application will be in the order of a few hundred...
How to waste time without really trying: https://www.authorstream.com/Present...n-communication-entertainment-ppt-powerpoint/