How To Send Sms With Ipad 2

I somehow got Tata Docomo regular SIM cut into micro SIM to fit in iPad 2. Since I'm not quite satisfied with Tata Docomo service I want to switch over to IDEA network. However, now the problem is that I can't send SMS with iPad 2. I'm going to need a phone that accepts microSIM card (viz. iPhone) and get the porting code. Is there a way to send SMS to 1900 and get the porting code? Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    yes Biggie! Type PORT <10 digit mobile to which you wanted to port> and send it to 1900.

Leave some space between PORT and your mobile number!

The mobile operator will send you the 8 Digit UPN which will expire in 15 days!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Reya: I know the procedure for MNP. However, I wish to know how to send SMS from iPad2.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    psst.. is SMS only option?? can't you call the customer support and port out??

that's a reminder for me o port out from uninor
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    psst.. is SMS only option?? can't you call the customer support and port out??

that's a reminder for me o port out from uninor
    Can't even make a call from iPad 👎. Tata Docomo customer care is 'so' 'simple' that they just thank me for calling and then cut it. They did it twice.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    nopes, not from IPAD, when I meant calling the customer care, from another phone. else, see if you can get a iphone may be from a mobile repair store or from a friend.
  • lal
    lal
    I read some where about an application (jail broken) to send sms and mms from iPad 2. Just googled again and found many such applications today.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my final year project is voice recogniton.... but i got stuckd.... i m unable to do anything plz help... i m using java
Please suggest me a good , easy to learn (and also available in market) book on algorithms using c++, which can help me in competitive programming.
Hey guys, ii have started learning STAAD.PRO on my own through the guides that they have provided but i need to explore more, ask questions, clear my doubts etc. So,...
Dear all, I wish the journey of our friendship will be a new story in the future. Wish me best of luck. Archan
hello CE ians.. i am hari prasad pursuing my graduation degree programme in mechanical engineering..! and am from Tamil Nadu, India.. CE seeems to be an awesome, informative for budding...