How to select headphones?

Howdy folks!

I'd like to know about the things an engineer should look for while purchasing a headphone. For the sake of discussion, we'll exclude the budget restrictions. 😀

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    1. Sound: great treble and bass, while minimizing noise below threshold
    2. Comfort
    3. Durable design
    4. Sufficient wire length (wireless would just drain battery too easily)
    5. Volume control 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the tips, Ash. How do I check for the noise?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The only way is to test them. If you're playing a song at a reasonable volume, and press pause, you shouldn't be able to hear any random sounds. Its not evident in mp3 players, but computers will generate a lot of interference. Gold plated connectors can also help, but sometimes this is overplayed too much by marketing.

Whats your main use for the headphones?
  • gohm
    gohm
    1. read Consumer Reports
    2. buy top rated listed

=)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Lately, I've seen raising interest among CEans about setting up their own websites. Lot of CEans PMed me asking that XYZ host is providing them with unlimited bandwidth, hosting...
CEans, Lot of our engineers are interested in setting up their own websites. If you are one of them and have questions about web-hosting, post them in this thread. I'll...
hello to all CEans i have some questions seniors please help me. i want to crack one of the psu exam also gate 2010 the problem is i havent done...
Hi everyone, Feel proud in calling yourself as a computer/IT engineer 😒 ? Simple, in this thread - a sort of challenge will be thrown for all such engineers. The...
This one is out of my own, personal curiosity. What's involved in building a simple web search engine? Let's say, we have a network of 1000 (or 10?) terminals each...