How to search driver's for our system ?

Hello friend's
I found that lots of people found difficulty in find the driver for his/her system.There are some software which helps the people to find the correct driver for his/her system but for this you have to pay some amount.
So i decided to build a open source software.
I listed here some way to find driver for our system.

1.Search by vendor id and device id.
2.Search by your motherboard model.

But i it is not sufficient to search a particular driver for a system.I faced some problem while searching a sound driver for our system.
Any more idea ?

Replies

• praba230890
    praba230890
    It's alway's hard to find matching audio driver for most of the system.In that case you better narrow your audio driver search on the type and made of your audio device that was given in the hardware section of control panel.

The_Small_k
    Hello friend's
    I found that lots of people found difficulty in find the driver for his/her system.There are some software which helps the people to find the correct driver for his/her system but for this you have to pay some amount.
    So i decided to build a open source software.
    I listed here some way to find driver for our system.

1.Search by vendor id and device id.
    2.Search by your motherboard model.

But i it is not sufficient to search a particular driver for a system.I faced some problem while searching a sound driver for our system.
    Any more idea ?
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Exhaustively search for the chip-set of your motherboard and sound driver for that chipset.You will definitely find something.Otherwise Give a try to trial and error method..
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    One thing is, there are many local manufacturers coming up. And, in case of the driver names, now-a-days the software itself provides way to change them. So, I guess it is better to build a big database of CDs and DVDs... ๐Ÿ˜€ Dude, do you think it is practical and feasible?

And coming to open source, a few drivers are commercial, like the nVidia... ๐Ÿ˜ Think of them... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    @praveen hey i just wan to search the pc for needed drivers.
    There are lot's of website that provide the drivers like driverfiles.net,driverzone.com,driverguide.com etc...including manufacturers website also.
    I want to create a software just like driver detector using java.
    Please give me some idea how this can be done.
    Oh oh... Got it... You have all the drivers in java.io.*! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    praveenscience
    Oh oh... Got it... You have all the drivers in java.io.*! ๐Ÿ˜€
    All drivers are not present in "io" praveen.And insted of big db of cds and dvds why not virtualization?
    Yeah man! I know about that, am not saying about the actual drivers. I am saying the drivers meant for hardware interaction in Java are present in this...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am interested in knowing what your favorite movies are when it comes to the most common film genres: Action. Comedy. Adventue. Drama. Horror. Science Fiction. Musical. Or whatever genre...
Guys, i'm trying to have the car steering implemented in a motorcycle. Kind of like a hub steered one. I've got many design flaws. Using the stock steering does not...
Indian scientists found that the human blood has the property of MERMISTER'S. They proved that human blood changes its electrical resistance depending on how much voltage is applied. It also...
MAKING 50 WATTS BULB FROM WATER BOTTLE(zero electricity needed) just i found a cool method of light harvesting which is very cheap and amazing. Using just a 2 liter bottle(plastic...
Hi all, i want to build a solar tracker, which will have a platform, which will rotate in azimuth direction according to sun motion. The platform should have max tangential...