How to Scan Whole PC With Avast 4.8?

I want to scan my whole PC to improve my PC performance. I am using avast 4.8 anti virus this time.
Please anyone guide my way?
Also what is the time interval to scan whole PC like 6 months or 1 year?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Scanning your computer alone won't improve performance. Performance can be improved through many tweaks. Simply load the AVAST 4.8 antivirus and the interface shows you options to scan the entire computer or just the selected files/folders. You don't have to initiate a scan manually; as long as you've the antivirus running and updated with latest virus definitions, your entire computer should be protected. Any suspicious activity on your computer will be caught automatically and fixed. If the antivirus can't fix the issue; it will quarantine the affected/suspicious file so that it does't do any damage.

A rule of thumb to keep your computer free of viruses is -
    • Never use any external Pen-Drive / USB flash drive on your machine. Malware transfers to your computer if your copy songs or movies from your friend's infected computer to your computer.
    • Never download anything from torrent websites or other unauthentic sources. Most viruses usually spread through torrent programs. Also visit only the trustworthy websites. I don't see any other reason a computer will get affected.
    However, in order to improve the performance of your computer, you can do the following -
    1. Clean up unwanted software.
    2. Remove unnecessary processes and stop the unwanted services.
    3. Keep your operating system and your regular files (photos, videos, documents) on separate partitions.
    4. Use the 'original', 'non-pirated' operating system and other software. If you can't afford it, switch over to uBuntu. We've die-hard uBuntu fans who'll help you make a switch.
    5. Buy more RAM if you can and if your computer's motherboard supports.
    I hope this helps. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have one simplest way --> Use Linux OS ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit : oops biggie has already mentioned it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    I have one simplest way --> Use Linux OS ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit : oops biggie has already mentioned it.
    I was counting on you to help CEans migrate to uBuntu. Maybe you should do a quick guide on why CEans should use uBuntu instead of Windows. I'm quite sure a lot of people use pirated version of the software.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    I was counting on you to help CEans migrate to uBuntu. Maybe you should do a quick guide on why CEans should use uBuntu instead of Windows. I'm quite sure a lot of people use pirated version of the software.
    Can you post some more on uBuntu
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    Can you post some more on uBuntu
    I'd rather have #-Link-Snipped-# start a new thread to discuss the topic. We've uBuntu fanatics on CE who know a lot more than I can tell you.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    I'd rather have #-Link-Snipped-# start a new thread to discuss the topic. We've uBuntu fanatics on CE who know a lot more than I can tell you.
    But he will be idle due to exams for a while if poss you can start one through some one
  • manishks
    manishks
    even i want to switch to ubuntu! I tried using it.But i wasnt able to install new softwares. Infact I wasnt able to do anything.๐Ÿ˜ฒ Do i need a wifi internet to download softwares from ubuntu store? I know ubuntu is much faster. I want to use it!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    Yes, why not?I would suggest fedora but people loves uBuntu 's UI, so let' start with uBuntu instead ๐Ÿ˜€
    I will be posting about OpenSource OS and reason for using it over pirated OS & also everything revolving around Linux.(Like a Linux News reporter ๐Ÿ˜› )

We'll cover everything from installation of OS-to-downloading of softwares using terminal, also using other tweaks & other desktop environments (like Gnome ,KDE or XFCE), porting Windows games & running Windows apps in Linux too.

This gonna be fun. *Excited*
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    I have used the Ubuntu OS, along with the Open SuSe, I am feel that Open SuSe is much better than Ubuntu, mostly because I am able to customize the GUI to a much larger extent. But Ubuntu's Software center is a very good thing, also I just wanted to know if high end games like Dragon Age will run on Wine. I have never tried using that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've used Fedora long time ago and even the Caldera - not sure if it's still being maintained or not.
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    I believe support for Fedora has been stopped, not sure though
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hell no ! support for fedora can never be stopped.
    'cuz partly maintained by Red hat & partly by community ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    #-Link-Snipped-#: My bad then.. Sorry!!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    No problem buddy ๐Ÿ˜
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    It is a big help and you describe so briefly for me.
    But here is some questions in my mind after reading this.
    I don't want to go for uBuntu or Linux and external Pen-Drive / USB flash drive is necessary for me for adding my study material to my PC.
    I never use any pirated site or software.
    What is the solution for me???
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    It is a big help and you describe so briefly for me.
    But here is some questions in my mind after reading this.
    I don't want to go for uBuntu or Linux and external Pen-Drive / USB flash drive is necessary for me for adding my study material to my PC.
    I never use any pirated site or software.
    What is the solution for me???
    Since u never use any pirated software, U must be using original copy of windows, so it is better to put updates on automatic so that ur system be secure. Also get Microsoft Security Essentials:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It is good antivirus for windows, also keep it updating.. it will protect your system.
  • siraj.mussafirr
    siraj.mussafirr
    Try panda Cloud Antivirus if you have a goo internet connection it works well along with avast.
    Microsoft Security Essentials is also a good choice but avast wont run parallel with it.
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    The_Big_K
    Scanning your computer alone won't improve performance. Performance can be improved through many tweaks. Simply load the AVAST 4.8 antivirus and the interface shows you options to scan the entire computer or just the selected files/folders. You don't have to initiate a scan manually; as long as you've the antivirus running and updated with latest virus definitions, your entire computer should be protected. Any suspicious activity on your computer will be caught automatically and fixed. If the antivirus can't fix the issue; it will quarantine the affected/suspicious file so that it does't do any damage.

A rule of thumb to keep your computer free of viruses is -
    • Never use any external Pen-Drive / USB flash drive on your machine. Malware transfers to your computer if your copy songs or movies from your friend's infected computer to your computer.
    • Never download anything from torrent websites or other unauthentic sources. Most viruses usually spread through torrent programs. Also visit only the trustworthy websites. I don't see any other reason a computer will get affected.
    However, in order to improve the performance of your computer, you can do the following -
    1. Clean up unwanted software.
    2. Remove unnecessary processes and stop the unwanted services.
    3. Keep your operating system and your regular files (photos, videos, documents) on separate partitions.
    4. Use the 'original', 'non-pirated' operating system and other software. If you can't afford it, switch over to uBuntu. We've die-hard uBuntu fans who'll help you make a switch.
    5. Buy more RAM if you can and if your computer's motherboard supports.
    I hope this helps. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks a lot for your guidance....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a final year M.Sc Software Engineering student. Can anyone suggest me that companies providing internship final year projects?
Solar PV structures can be compared to a monoslope roof (only with lower height). I need to know how do civil engineers design foundations and rails/purlins. I am currently refering...
Any requirement need for keeping two or more windows in one system. Any risk in doing this? Which window is better for running program language like c , c++ ,...
How can you detect a very small crack on/inside the crankshaft.??
I registered on various job sites, submitted my cv and contact details. I am receiving various notifications from different companies but not sure how true these companies are! Also, I...