How to scan a PC without anti-virus with a PC with anti-virus installed?

Hi,
I have one question related to scanning, may we scan a pc or a laptop not having an antivirus using the pc which has an antivirus??
If yes..then how?? Is their any cable used for that??or something other?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure, you can do that. I can think of two ways to do that -
    • Take out the HDD from the PC without anti-virus and attach it to the PC with anti-virus in a master-slave configuration. Then run the scan to check for all the attached HDDs.
    • You may form a network between the two computers and run a network scan through your anti-virus. I'm not sure if this is a software specific feature; but all majority antivirus software should support network scanning.
    I haven't been using antivirus for a long time now.

PS: Thread moved to Gadgets / Software / Apps section.
  • anjali ~~
    anjali ~~
    ok..thank u so much..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I read an article on Economic Times that says that Powai in Mumbai is the new startup-valley in India. Called the 'Powai Valley', Mumbai has become the new hot destination...
A lot of engineers at our Community are keen on sending suggestions to the editorial team on what they want to see written on CrazyEngineers VoiCE. Here is a dedicated...
"Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear" - Edgar Alan Poe Whenever you step out to buy a financial product, you are exposed to a...
As promised, Suzuki Motorcycle India Limited (SMIL) has launched the Suzuki Inazuma GW250 motorcycle in India today. We told you the news about the bike's arrival back in December and...
Does anyone know what is dress code for girls in CDAC-ACTS, Pune??