How to run Windows or OSX Apps On iPad?

I've been using iPad for almost 2 years now and have always wished if I could do some real productive work on it, apart from email. There were times I wished I could run OSX and my favorite Windows software apps on iPad and now, it's possible. You can now easily run any of your OSX or Windows app on iOS running on iPad - and its extremely easy to do. All you will need is a new app from Parallels called 'Parallels Access'. Parallels is known for their virtualisation technology that allows Windows or other operating system to be run in the OSX environment.

Parallels Access app is basically your remote access app done differently. Installation is quite easy. All you need to do is install the parallels client on your computer and download the iPad app. Get an account with Parallels and you're all set to go.

parallels-access

Every desktop app streamed to your iPad runs in the full screen mode. Note that the Parallels Access won't bother about sending all of your desktop to the smaller display, instead it will only focus on the apps that you're actually going to use. You may have experienced that with remote desktop, there's always some lag in using the cursor. But with Parallels Access, the app will bring iOS style functionality to all your desktop apps being accessed from iPad. It uses iOS magnifying glass effect so that you get a precise cursor control. What's more is that this app supports iOS copy-paste functionality and scrolling with touch.

But all of this won't come for free. The app is free to run on trial for a period of 14 days on OSX but after the trial is over, it will ask you to pay $79.99 per year per computer you will connect. The Windows version of the app is still in beta phase and has no limit to the trial period. The iOS app comes with a 90 day trial, if you you wish to give it a go.

If you are aware of any freeware solutions, please do share them below.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Isn't it working like Teamviewer? Remotely displaying anything. I doubt this app will do computing on the iPad machine. It will still computer on the primary desktop and display results to you on iPad. And This is not worth it I think. Maybe it may give a faster display and better quality, I dont think paying 80$ is the need of the hour.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yea First on seeing the topic I got overhappy and the price tag make me sick.This app seems to be nice by your review and will be happy if the trail period extends.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA's engineers are planning to deliver solar energy on Earth via platforms located in the orbit. John Mankins is heading the project which is in development stages. The project is...
I want all the CE developers to peek their nose into this topic.Consider if you are a developer and creating a new app or software. What are the difficulties faced...
Well, this year 2013 will mark a decade for company I formed and nurtured, M/S Integrated Ideas. In less 10 years Google and Facebook have grown at an exponential multiple....
As all we know current Indian auto industry is not in a good phase where it had faced severe losses and decrease in new sales. Though this news is not...
HI friends, I completed my B.E (Electronics and Instrumentation) in 2011.But currently i have a experience of 2 yrs in software field.Now i m planning to do my MS in...