How to retrieve my Notepad..?

Hi guys..!

Unfortunately my brother deleted notepad.exe file. So, Now in my system, am not able to open my notepad files directly. I am opening through wordpad.
And I cant create new notepad files...

Is there any other chance to get my notepad again without rebooting...?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yes sahiti you can use system restore.feature ...if he deleted it without using shift key
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thank you goyal! But he deleted using shift key.

Is there any chance to get notepad application?
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Do a search for notepad.exe
    it may still be there.

If not, type

sfc /scannow

place your Windows CD/DVD in the drive.

Otherwise.... Download this
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Notepad.exe
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    sahithi pallavi
    Hi guys..!

Unfortunately my brother deleted notepad.exe file. So, Now in my system, am not able to open my notepad files directly. I am opening through wordpad.
    And I cant create new notepad files...

Is there any other chance to get my notepad again without rebooting...?
    I'll suggest the simplest solution.
    Go to any other windows computer and copy notepad.exe into your pen drive and paste it into the directory from where your brother deleted it.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah Gaurav ..superb solution
    I was about to write this ,.,,,
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks a lot guys..

I will try now.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Sorry guys..!

Actually what happened is : while scanning the system using super spyware, he came to know that notepad.exe was effected with spyware. So, while deleting all the scanned threats, he deleted that too. Now am not finding notepad.exe anywhere in my pc.

So, what I have to do now?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hey pallavi..Gaurav has already told you the solution..
    I think it will work
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Ok goyal!! I will try that solution.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The current hot debate going on in the entertainment space is that whether the movie 3 Idiots is based on Chetan Bhagat's bastseller Five Point Someone? Now CEans who have...
hello I'm a B Tech 3 rd yr Electronics and Communication student.i'm interested in doing summer training in embedded technologies or java.kindly suggest me soe companies where i can improve...
I received a nice story in my inbox, thought I should share it with the gang as well... A jobless man applied for the position of "office boy" at Microsoft....
I would like to share this email attachment I received. Google Docs
Yesterday, I was having an interesting discussion with couple of my collegues in office on Banking topic. After the discussion, when i reconciled the things, I noticed that many of...