How to request for an introduction on LinkedIn

If you wish to request for an Introduction on LinkedIn, there's a proper way to do it. Most of the requests for introduction that I get follow this format; which totally pisses me off :-

LinkedIn now uses real time chat system for messaging among members. This makes it all even worse. The introduction requester totally ignores that we are not 24x7 logged in to LinkedIn; and it's supposed to be 'professional networking' platform.

Requester: Can you introduce me to Nitin?
Me: Nitin who?
Requester: Nitin

Would it not have been better and more time saving had the requester began it like this -

Requester: Hello Kaustubh, I'm firstname lastname from organization name. I wish to get introduced to Mr. firstname lastname from organization name in order to .

Above message not only gives me all the information I need to make an introduction to the concerned authority and also gives me confidence that the introduction I'm making is worth it.

If you have any useful tips that would help people make better introduction requests on LinkedIn; do share them below. I look forward to your thoughts.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HTC India is back with its new Android smartphone - the HTC Desire 828 (Dual SIM variant), soon to be available across online stores for Rs. 19,990. The company believes...
PSA for anyone who uses Microsoft OneDrive, basically the ones who own a Windows Phone made by erstwhile Nokia or present Microsoft Mobile. Back in November, Microsoft announced that it...
Guys I need to transmit a signal at the range of 0 to 10 meters (aprox) .which signal can I use???? RF or IR.. If RF .then how can I...
I upgraded my phpStorm IDE to the latest version and began getting a nasty Project Data Sources: re-sync required error. I ignored it for a couple of times but it...
Gionee fans who loved it when the company released its flagship Marathon M5 smartphone, have all reasons to rejoice as its younger brother - the Marathon M5 Lite has been...