How to remove one of the two OS installed ?

Suppose I have two OS, Windows Vista and XP installed on the hard drive.
I want to remove Windows vista.

Note: Windows Vista was installed after installing Windows XP.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To begin with, one cannot install XP if Vista is installed already 😀

Back to the question -

It's easy to remove any OS. Simply use a file partition manager and format the drive in which the OS you wish to uninstall is installed. 😀

I guess you can do the same through Windows Disk Management Utility. Correct me if I"m wrong.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K

Back to the question -

It's easy to remove any OS. Simply use a file partition manager and format the drive in which the OS you wish to uninstall is installed. 😀

I guess you can do the same through Windows Disk Management Utility. Correct me if I"m wrong.

you are perfectly right Biggie..!

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS...THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY...
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    The_Big_K

Back to the question -

Formatting the drive will remove the Operating System.
    But how to remove the Windows Vista boot loader ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Formatting the drive will remove the Operating System.
    But how to remove the Windows Vista boot loader ?
    Got this information from neowin -

1. Boot your computer in to Windows XP.
    2. Ensure you have the Vista DVD image emulated or in the DVD drive.
    3. Go to “Start” and “Run”. Type in “e:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force” (without quotes, and replacing e: with the drive letter of your Vista DVD).
    4. Restart the computer, and you will notice the boot selection menu is gone.

You may also have a look at this -

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    That worked perfectly.
    Thanks biggie.
  • smartsree17
    smartsree17
    Hey you can do it easily

first you have to download BCD Edit+ software

Note some of them are command oriented

so you have to go for Easy BCD Edit+

By installing that you can delete one OS directly with out any problem.

😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Well, you can install an older version of Windows provided you repair the bootloader afterwards 😀
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    You can?? I once tried to install 98 over XP, but the damn thing kept saying you have a newer version of windows installed, and it would roll over and play dead!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Were you trying to install it on the same partition? It should have worked for a dual boot setup.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I don't remember clearly.. It was sooo long ago, around the turn of the millennium I think..But you're probably correct. At that time my computer had a (massive 😁) 6GB HDD
  • ONKSSSSS
    ONKSSSSS
    The_Big_K
    SO, there is a way (to install XP if Vista is installed already) that I made after great mess.....

Use 'SATA' enabled WINDOWS XP CD!
    Core idea here is that your hdd is not found by xp while installing it..
    but after you get XP installed using SATA enabled cd.
    I have tested it many times & its working perfectly right.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any IC eqivalent to the IC UM5506BH which is an audio recorder..... can anybody help me regarding this.......
Hi all, I want a soldering iron for executing my electronics hobby projects. I will basically need to solder components on to Veroboards or General purpose PCBs. A friend has...
Please suggest a book which is easy to understand for visual c++ programming. Thanks..
It is surprised to see, in our college, somebody is deleting control panel from the systems. Now we are not able to change any of our system properties. Sirs are...
dear CEns. how to make our program into software.that is if we write a program in a general purpose language(like c, java) for an application,which is compiled and we have...