How to remove encryption utility?

We are having 250 GB Iomega external HDD which has an encryption utility which works only in windows and doesn't works in ubuntu or mac so we want to remove it, even after formatting it doesn't goes. Please help.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# What all things did you try till now?
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    only formatting and tried to uninstall,if we found it in add/remove programs
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Is there hidden partition for encryption utility?? plug hdd and see in disc management if there any partition for it. you can delete and merge all external hdd into one.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Why don't you chat with them and clear your doubt?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Let us know if you have fixed it after chatting with them.
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    #-Link-Snipped-#:there's no hidden i suppose or may be the partition been hidden by them.
    #-Link-Snipped-#:thanks for the suggestion, i will let you know here.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you tell us a bit more about the encryption utility in place? Is it iOmega proprietary? Could you try and find out how is it installed in the drive?

Also, did you try to format the HDD using windows or uBuntu? Tell us how did you do it?
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    @big_k:it has an in-built encryption utility extension .exe so it works only in windows run the utility type the password and it is then available for storing data, it can't run in ubuntu as we wanted to open the hdd in linux or mac but as we can't run the utility in them so we want to remove the utility but we are unable and we have returned it back i suppose to our client, when you login the utility then its available for formatting or if you forget the password theres an 25 character serial number type it in utility then reset your password but the main disadvantage is that all the data is erased so its very useless any one can easily delete your data if he/she knows this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I want you to try this: -

First run the encryption utility and then see for any options, checkmarks where you can disable encryption. If you find any such setting, uncheck it and then try deleting the partition in which the encryption is installed. Should work.
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    There are no partitions the utility is embedded i think because i didn't find any partition i tried a lot.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pradeep.pawar
    There are no partitions the utility is embedded i think because i didn't find any partition i tried a lot.
    You won't find partitions. Just try disabling the encryption and then format the disk.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Read this: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    there no way to do so until i login theres no space to store the data
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    ok thank you.
  • AbhishekBiswas
    AbhishekBiswas
    Well , can u mount the hdd and check its contents in ubuntu or mac !!
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    only the utility contents
  • AbhishekBiswas
    AbhishekBiswas
    Ok . Can u try removing it from there and then format !!
  • AbhishekBiswas
    AbhishekBiswas
    did it work ?
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    How about reinstall your OS? Or find a tool help you to delete the program. Or shred it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am an electronics engineer from Solapur and I have a query. I want to know why we use 12MH crystal in ARM LPC 2148? Does anyone have any...
Hi friends.. I am doing a project on "Automatic Image Segmentation by Dynamic Region Merging" in matlab. I got stuck in between my project. I am attaching the paper with...
Why can't we produce electricity at home? We always wonder. Why do we have to depend on state? Well Narenda Modi has a *profitable* answer. According to a new state...
The brave new world Netizenry with a population far more than a Billion is here. Where is is it going? Is it scary?
hi, everyone, i'm a material engineering student and i'm working on a project in which i'm supposed to study the heat treatments of the 51CrV4 steel (spring steel) and i...