how to reduce certain value of a DC voltage bot not the other values?

Hi there,

i have a DC device wich working on -48VDC (-41~-59 Volts). it's supplied by a rectifier (floating voltage of the rectifier is -54V).

when the AC power got interrupted, the rectifier get interrupted too. but the DC voltage still supplied by the battery strings.
the problem is my equipment is limited to 5V/ms voltage variation. when the rectifier go down the batteries start immediately supplying ~-49V.
of course they will start discharge (slowly or rapidly according to the load.
when the voltage of the batteries goes to something like -48 or -47 and the AC power retrieved (and hence the rectifier is retrieved) the voltage jumps from -48 or -47 to -54Volts, which is not matching my equipment standard of 5V/ms change at worst.

i have no authority to change anything with the rectifier.
so is there anything that allows me to reduce the -54V to sth like -51V but keep the lower voltage as it is.
in other words, what i want is to let the voltage goes from -47 to -51 (to not get interrupted).

i hope you got my point, if there is anything not clear please let me know.

kind regards,,

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Adding an inductor should slow down the voltage rise.

-Karthik

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am a student of BSc Telecom Engineering. I believe that this site can be quite helpful in selecting my final year project. I am interested in projects related...
Official Website: BOSM 2010 | Annual Sports Festival of BITS Pilani About the BOSM (Taken from Official Website) - BOSM(BITS Open Sports Meet), the annual sports fest of BITS Pilani...
Hi am B.tech graduate from ECE i dont hav valid gate score to enter very good institution for M.tech
Hey, >>I have two arrays A and B. >>Now I want the derivative of B with respect to A at all points of A. >>So i move on to express...
Father and son both work in same factory. The father leaves for work ten minutes earlier than his son. The father takes 30 minutes to walk to his factory, whereas...