How to prevent your blog from being misused

I have a blog (Mayur's blog | Views, Reviews, Critics, Stories, Pictures, Readers and some piece of absolute lovable junk!!!). Though its not one of the most popular blogs, I do have some content which is good. In any case, it is my proprietary content. So I'm worried if it will ever get misused, copied or even hacked.

I remember biggie's blog content was once copied. So I'm just wondering how can I prevent this.

Any suggestions guys?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nice question. The bitter fact is - you can't prevent it.

Suggestions are different for blogs hosted on popular blogging services and self-hosted blogs. For self hosted blogs, the host and the admin has to worry about security, upgrades et al. However, for the others, it is all done by the blogging service provider (viz. blogger/wordpress etc.)

If someone copies your content here is what you can do -

One very useful link to see who is copying your content is: Copyscape Plagiarism Checker - Duplicate Content Detection Software

1. Leave a comment and tell the goon to stop copying your content or/and provide a credit linkback to your site.

2. If that doesn't help, contact the site administrator through whois search.

3. If #2 doesn't help, contact the web host of the site and tell them about plagiarism.

4. Abuse the goon through your website.

5. Contact lawyers and take a legal action. 😀

#4 has helped me a lot 😉
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    He he, cool! I knew the episode on your blog. Thats what has prompted me to write it. I stumbled upon an article today on a website and thought the language was almost similar to one of my very early posts.

Anyway, copyscape is really useful? I had their banner on my blog long time back. But now I have removed it.
  • safwan
    safwan
    thanks biggiee copy sacape nice web . for bloggers .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I'm SlackerLX. I'm a doctoral researcher in Software Engineering. I'm addicted to my wife and SuSE :sshhh: Blog Profile: https://www.blogger.com/profile/06892403803884373473
hi. am devashish..a computer science student...4th sem. i want to do summer traning this at any of the iit campus . i wamt to know the process regarding that. plz...
Any new updates on the new Google voice roll out? I have heard that currently it is available to limited numbers but expected to go full scale within 6 months....
Do you have passion to join the first WordCamp in Egypt, one of the most famous IT gatherings in the whole world? depiak has contacted Automattic, the company behind Wordpress...
Whenever I insert my pen-drive, my Anti-Virus starts displaying "BV:AutoRun-G [Wrm]" Virus. I tried Flash Disinfector Tool. But it wasn't helpful. 😔 Please Help.