How to prepare for GATE

Hello everybody 😁
I would be appearing in GATE 2011.Currently I am in my 3rd year of B.tech and I wish to start preparing for GATE now.I have decided to join Gate Forum but am unable to decide if classroom coaching is needed.Would a correspondence course and taking mock tests not be sufficient? Or is it sufficient to prepare by myself and give the All India Tests?
Please help me out as I have to get enrolled within a week.😀

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    3rd year perhaps the right time to start preparation.. There are some standard books for gate exams, prepare using the those books and understand the basics well, Classroom coaching is good idea, if you unable to do selfstudy, and Gate Forum is nice one really,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd always recommend joining classroom coaching. Nothing beats that. Of course, you must get opinion from others who already enrolled for the classroom coaching before taking the decision.

There are ample resources on the Internet where you can seek extra help with subjects.
  • daintyDoll
    daintyDoll
    The_Big_K
    I'd always recommend joining classroom coaching. Nothing beats that. Of course, you must get opinion from others who already enrolled for the classroom coaching before taking the decision.

There are ample resources on the Internet where you can seek extra help with subjects.
    Thanks a lot for your precious suggestion😀
  • daintyDoll
    daintyDoll
    ms_cs
    3rd year perhaps the right time to start preparation.. There are some standard books for gate exams, prepare using the those books and understand the basics well, Classroom coaching is good idea, if you unable to do selfstudy, and Gate Forum is nice one really,
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion😀) I have another question.Is it necessary to complete the entire syllabus .It's quite huge and I'm kind of getting too overwhelmed by it's hugeness.What percentage of the syllabus needs to studied thoroughly in order to be able to answer the paper fairly well.
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    It is not that you have to completely revise all that you learn, take a few subjects from your GATE syllabus in which you are good with and harness them all. Afterwards select some 5-6 subjects to prepare...because you can't jack of all.
  • pricks
    pricks
    can anyone please specify some good institutes in delhi providing classroom coaching for preparation for GATE???????
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    pricks
    can anyone please specify some good institutes in delhi providing classroom coaching for preparation for GATE???????
    in DELHI made easy and IES academy are best....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am in 2nd year of elcetrical engineering in nit durgapur.I am looking for summer training in IITs in this year.please help me informing about scope and procedure to apply....
Hi everyone , nice to see you all Engineering Trade: CS Location: Bangaluru Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: Gaming , Gymming , Net surfing , listening to music , football...
Sir / Madam, My questions is, Let A and B be two solid spheres such that the surface area of B is 300% higher than the surface area of A....
Hello CEs, New here. Long time lurker. Our project title is to "reducing LPG consumption used for powering the baking oven in the paint shop of an automobile" Any guys...
have a look of this code #include #define square(x)x*x void main() { int b,a=4; b=64/square(a); cout<