How to prepare for campus recruitment?

That's the question almost every engineering student wants answered. The importance of this question is even more in the recession time.

I urge all CEans who have successfully gotten jobs through campus placement to share their tips, tricks with our fellow engineers. Also share your experience with us. It will help a lot of people here on CE.

Looking forward to your responses.

Replies

• Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Seniors please reply to this post.....We juniors at CE need your help........!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    First and foremost the important thing we need to have to attend any interview is Confidence.
    So you have to be confident.

So gaining confidence for that matter we dont get by self help books or something else. We get by mastering in our interesting subject.

I will give an example,

I was 06 pass out and I got a job in Nov- 2006. So before attending that Company's interview I failed in couple of interviews.

So the lesson learnt is , every Interview in which I failed , I failed in my C Language and my confidence. I lost confidence because I was worried to face the questions on Data Structures, Tree, Graph , Sorting etc..
    SO by the time I faced my next Interview I learnt C language well so I am confident enough to face any kind of question.

So, this story is to say you that, you have to master in your interesting subject. If you have Java in your academics you are not supposed or expected to learn complete Java but you are expected to learn the content which you have in your curriculum.

Next , there are many tips mentioned in this section . Like saying "NO" for answers you dont know. etc..

Have any questions? post here!
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Most of the companies go for a written test to start the selection process. So, you have to be very careful and give your written test a best shot.If you have negative marking and if you are not sure with the answer, please don't go for it.

As ES said, you have to be strong with the basics of atleast C and C++ (certainly you would get questions from pointers and trees). This written test may be a combination of both technical and aps. I had both technical and aptitude written test.

Getting through this is very important. Other rounds, atleast you can manage and you will certainly get placed if you have a good score in your written. In addition to that, the way you carry yourself is very important. Stay calm. Don't lose your cool.

Your resume is very important. Have a formal perfect resume (don't have funny email id's 😉). Always, you would be asked for your area of interest. Have thorough knowledge about your favorite subject. But, you would have questions from others too.

And if you are a pg student, there would be a question regarding the reason for you pursuing pg.There was one question posed to me, "how do i keep updating myself regarding latest technologies and worldly happenings?". The immediate answer that stuck to my mind was CE Forum and i told them. They were pretty satisfied and convinced after i explained what all we have in such kind of useful forums.

Have confidence. Be optimistic. Don't lose your heart at anytime and always have in mind that something better is waiting.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Thanks ES and miniy.......very informative and helpful stuff......

Can you please guide me about GD... i had attended one gd recently.. in that no one was giving the space to speak out... i have to interrupt someone to share my views otherwise i would not have been able to get a chance to speak.. Was that correct....??
    And should we ask for the details if we are not clear about the topic....??
  • bhargava.megha
    bhargava.megha
    ya i also want to know abt GD & anyone's experience of GD
  • bhargava.megha
    bhargava.megha
    English-Scared
    So the lesson learnt is , every Interview in which I failed , I failed in my C Language and my confidence. I lost confidence because I was worried to face the questions on Data Structures, Tree, Graph , Sorting etc..
    SO by the time I faced my next Interview I learnt C language well so I am confident enough to face any kind of question.
    pls share some example of which type of Q asked 4m the same

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i came to know about while searching for a mini project......this is cool.. i am really late joining.....coz ppl here are really crazy ......and now i am proud to be...
Category: The problem(s) I would love to solve as an engineer Hi All, Please find my ideas below (bit informal way): The Problem(s) I would love to solve as an...
Hmm, not sure if i google and get the answer,, i don't want easy answer basically. wondering if we have anything like a soft dairy the page of the dairy...
Hey guys is it possible to browse computer through mobile using the USB CABLE? Is there any way or can it be possible at all???
Peace , Hi sir's and friends i am a comerce student grade 11th . if i want to take up my careaer in IT so can what oppertunities i will...