CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@فاطمة الزهراء • 23 Jun, 2012
want to know" how to overcome thrashing "plz
@فاطمة الزهراء • 23 Jun, 2012 any one ??!!
@Anoop Mathew • 23 Jun, 2012 Study well!
@Ankita Katdare • 23 Jun, 2012 • 2 likes Assuming that you are talking about thrashing in computers that occurs because memory or other resources have become exhausted or too limited to perform needed operations
When this happens, a pattern typically develops in which a request is made of the operating system by a process or program, the operating system tries to find resources by taking them from some other process, which in turn makes new requests that can't be satisfied.

In other words, thrashing is a condition in which excessive paging operations are taking place.

To resolve thrashing due to excessive paging, a user can do any of the following.
  1. Increase the amount of RAM in the computer (generally the best long-term solution).
  2. Decrease the number of programs being run on the computer.
  3. Replace programs that are memory-heavy with equivalents that use less memory.
I hope this helps.
@Ramani Aswath • 24 Jun, 2012 • 1 like Systematic housekeeping helps.
@فاطمة الزهراء • 24 Jun, 2012
AbraKaDabra
Assuming that you are talking about thrashing in computers that occurs because memory or other resources have become exhausted or too limited to perform needed operations
When this happens, a pattern typically develops in which a request is made of the operating system by a process or program, the operating system tries to find resources by taking them from some other process, which in turn makes new requests that can't be satisfied.

In other words, thrashing is a condition in which excessive paging operations are taking place.

To resolve thrashing due to excessive paging, a user can do any of the following.
  1. Increase the amount of RAM in the computer (generally the best long-term solution).
  2. Decrease the number of programs being run on the computer.
  3. Replace programs that are memory-heavy with equivalents that use less memory.
I hope this helps.

yeah thanx that was to help 6 hours ago ,,i got that question in exam ,,and i didn`t answer it 😔
thanx anyways
@فاطمة الزهراء • 24 Jun, 2012
bioramani
Systematic housekeeping helps.
u didn`t get it i think
@Saandeep Sreerambatla • 24 Jun, 2012 • 2 likes Did you post this question while you were in exam?
@فاطمة الزهراء • 16 Jul, 2012
English-Scared
Did you post this question while you were in exam?
no mr sherlok holms
11.3k views

Related Posts

@Dipankar Ganguly · Nov 10, 2017

Overheating is a very common problem especially with aging laptops. It can create a lot of issues and interfere with its usage by abruptly shutting it down and in extreme...
3.6k views

@NAGOORJOHN · Oct 9, 2015

HOW MUSH TIME MUST SPENT IN GATE STU-DING EVERY DAY FOR MECHANICAL I WANT IMPORTANT TOPICS LIST
7.7k views

@kashif_flavio · Nov 20, 2010

What is the difference between Port Address, Physical Address, Logical Address. How and at which OSI layer they are used?
18.8k views

@combustor · Sep 1, 2009

Somebody plz explain me combustion mechanism in SI and CI engines. Also could anyone tell me what is the effect of air-fuel ratio on the performance of engine?😕
10.4k views

@kashmirihasan · Jul 12, 2013

How to make a pure sine wave ups ??? any circuit diagram? and what is the difference between a pure sine wave ups and modified sine wave?
7.2k views