• فاطمة الزهراء
    فاطمة الزهراء
    any one ??!!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Study well!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Assuming that you are talking about thrashing in computers that occurs because memory or other resources have become exhausted or too limited to perform needed operations
    When this happens, a pattern typically develops in which a request is made of the operating system by a process or program, the operating system tries to find resources by taking them from some other process, which in turn makes new requests that can't be satisfied.

In other words, thrashing is a condition in which excessive paging operations are taking place.

To resolve thrashing due to excessive paging, a user can do any of the following.
    1. Increase the amount of RAM in the computer (generally the best long-term solution).
    2. Decrease the number of programs being run on the computer.
    3. Replace programs that are memory-heavy with equivalents that use less memory.
    I hope this helps.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Systematic housekeeping helps.
  • فاطمة الزهراء
    فاطمة الزهراء
    AbraKaDabra
    Assuming that you are talking about thrashing in computers that occurs because memory or other resources have become exhausted or too limited to perform needed operations
    When this happens, a pattern typically develops in which a request is made of the operating system by a process or program, the operating system tries to find resources by taking them from some other process, which in turn makes new requests that can't be satisfied.

In other words, thrashing is a condition in which excessive paging operations are taking place.

To resolve thrashing due to excessive paging, a user can do any of the following.
    1. Increase the amount of RAM in the computer (generally the best long-term solution).
    2. Decrease the number of programs being run on the computer.
    3. Replace programs that are memory-heavy with equivalents that use less memory.
    I hope this helps.

yeah thanx that was to help 6 hours ago ,,i got that question in exam ,,and i didn`t answer it 😔
    thanx anyways
  • فاطمة الزهراء
    فاطمة الزهراء
    bioramani
    Systematic housekeeping helps.
    u didn`t get it i think
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Did you post this question while you were in exam?
  • فاطمة الزهراء
    فاطمة الزهراء
    English-Scared
    Did you post this question while you were in exam?
    no mr sherlok holms

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The other day, I went to attend a meeting which was conducted for creating public awareness about Road Safety. The message by the Motor Vehicle Inspector intrigues me. He said:...
any one knows about ruby on Rails.. i want to know and the best study meterial and development environment... Thanks in advance
can anybody tell me that how pressure is an intensive property but i think that at many place pressure gernation depends on mass..u can see that if there are two...
Hi myself SYED BASEERULLAH HUSSAINI .R , a student of C.ABDUL HAKEEM COLLEGE OF ENGG & TECHNOLOGY from TAMIL NADU ,INDIA . I am pursuing my 3rd year and i...
I am a mechanical engineering student pursuing my 3rd year and i am very much worried about my job . what are all the field in which i can go...