how to open" .php" files????????? Posted in: #PHP
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 May 12, 2013
Rank A1 - PRO
Tehreemq
how to open" .php" files?????????
There are two ways to do that -
  1. Double click on the file icon. OR
  2. Right click on the file icon -> select 'Open With' -> Select 'NotePad' -> Click 'Ok'.
I think that's very basic for a computer science student.
rahul69
rahul69 路 May 13, 2013
Rank B2 - LEADER
Tehreemq
how to open" .php" files?????????
Maybe u don't know what .php files are 馃憥. If that's the case let me tell you that this extension is of the files of the language PHP (you can search for PHP on web) . As Biggie (Kaustabh) said, u can open it using notepad (or any other text editor).馃榾
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 May 13, 2013
Rank A1 - PRO
rahul69 : I think the question is more inclined towards making php files execute. But we'd never know what the question is unless it's properly explained.
Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal 路 May 13, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
Adding my 2 cents,
You can open .php extension file from browser too. All you need is a web-server installed. I would recommend you WAMP as it's quite easy for beginners & no additional configuration is required to run .php file.
Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks 路 May 21, 2013
Rank E2 - BEGINNER
I agree with Abhishek Rawal...WAMP is a components of package...once you install,start all services...save your .php files in C:/Program Files/wamp/www and then run the file in browser..give the https://localhost:(port)/your file name....

hope i have given correct....anyhow you keep searching about wamp and make use of it....
Anoop Kumar
Anoop Kumar 路 May 21, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
WAMP works good with all-in-one PHP handler. just install wamp and follow simple instructions you are all set with everything Webserer Apache, PhpMyadmin and MYSQL all bundled in one.

I am using for wordpress and works like charm. In addition you just need extra IDE either PHP Storm, Eclipse for Php or anyother as you like.
I recommend JetBrain's PHP Storm IDE, most advanced IDE on earth.馃榾

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up