How to move information from one row/column to other when we change information in other cell??

Hey guys..,
Recently I have got a problem with microsoft excel..let me put as simple as i can,If i have a value in one cell (say k2) and also i have numbers in n2,o2,p2,etc..My doubt is if i change the value in cell k2,Is there any possibility that n2 values move to o2 and o2 value move to p2 and so on..Is there any formulas to apply?? Would it possible to do so??

Thanks & Regards

A.Kanagavel.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Actually I could not follow what exactly you wanted to know, but I think this could be the solution: if you right click and click on insert option, you will get many choices and I guess one of those will be what you are looking for.
    Hope it helps!
  • Kanagavel90
    Kanagavel90
    rahul69
    Actually I could not follow what exactly you wanted to know, but I think this could be the solution: if you right click and click on insert option, you will get many choices and I guess one of those will be what you are looking for.
    Hope it helps!
    Actually Its not that much easy to do so..I was wondering if i have formulas or to use any logical options in those main menus..Because i am trying to move a value from one cell to other automatically...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I need to understand this first. I'm guessing that you want to 'move' the values in cell to the 'right'. The question is - what should really trigger this action? Would incrementing the value in K2 act as a trigger to initiate the movement of values in cells to right?

Do the cells that contain data have a formula in them?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I need to understand this first. I'm guessing that you want to 'move' the values in cell to the 'right'. The question is - what should really trigger this action? Would incrementing the value in K2 act as a trigger to initiate the movement of values in cells to right?

Do the cells that contain data have a formula in them?
  • Kanagavel90
    Kanagavel90
    Nope.The cell doesnt have any formula..In K2 cell I have date as 1/3/2013, and I have value in n2,02,p2 and so on..For this n2,o2,p2 I have put dates on top of these rows.If i change date in k2, cell values should go to their respective date columns.
    Hope u understand this..
  • Kanagavel90
    Kanagavel90
    Nope.The cell doesnt have any formula..In K2 cell I have date as 1/3/2013, and I have value in n2,02,p2 and so on..For this n2,o2,p2 I have put dates on top of these rows.If i change date in k2, cell values should go to their respective date columns.
    Hope u understand this..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a battle robot built (not mine) as a final year project. Looks more like a battle tank, I confess. https://www.instructables.com/id/Autonomous-Sumo-Battle-Bot-with-Pneumatic-Flipper-/?ALLSTEPS

Hai

I'm new to this forum.I'm going to take isro computer science exam.while searching the material,i found this forum.Now i visit this forum regularity and also i post my queries and...
I want to know about class A,B,C addresses and how many subnets waithin that address and also no of hosts per subnets.Clarify my doubts
I have a lot of questions, if you know something in one of them or more I will glad if you can write a replay What is the connection between...
I have a lot of questions, if you know something in one of them or more I will glad if you can write a replay I search after information that...