How to make an abstract for a paper presentation

I'm new to paper presentation and would like to participate. The first step being submitting of abstract ,i would like to know what should the abstract contain. Should it mandatorily be a new idea that can be added to the technology or can it be an existing idea elaborated. On what criteria are the abstracts selected.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-#. It's a pleasure to have you with us. An abstract is a smaller description of the entire project work. So, an abstract is basically decided by what's your project about, what it achieves or what it is about in general.

I think you're asking about the overall project; because abstract is decided by the project. Your project may be a new idea or extension of technology, tools, services etc. So, first thing to do before writing an abstract is to decide on the project topic.

You might want to improve something, or demonstrate a specific use of technology, or use science / engineering principles to solve a problem or present a newer way of addressing a need etc. and that can be your project.

Does this answer your question to some extent? Feel free to ask more questions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am doing CCNA from NIIT.I am from Kolkata ,India .I have B.Sc.(Pure Science) which I passed in 1998 & a MBA(marketing) from SMU.I have long gaps in my...
Hi 😀 I am Partho from Kolkata,India.I am not an engineer but I am interested in asking questions about Networking and IT. Hope I am welcome here!
I need to apply data mining technique in banking fraud detection. Please help me in this field.
hi hello All, i have a doubt in basis that is what will happen to electrons(current) that flowing in devices once after stopped either that produced by battery or from...
hello, sir,i am a team lead in tcs testimony team but my one of the team members is a another team lead. so confirmation of team could not be done....