How to make a webpage compatible to all the browsers?

I've designed a Html webpage with a form containing some 10 fields with its validations in JavaScript. It's perfectly working in Chrome but not in Opera, Firefox, IE. Don't know what is the problem with the Javascript in them?

How to make a webpage compatible to all the browsers?

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    You gotta take care of CSS since it may overlap each other.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Which browsers (versions) are you using to test your webpage?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    @BigK - I'm testing on IE-8, Firefox-4 to 8.1, chrome - 11
    Mostly I used to work on Firefox. So mostly testing on firefox versions only!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    @Sada: Make sure you have separate stylesheet for IE. Most of the common IE Bugs have solutions. For eg., peekaboo bug has a solution of putting
    zoom: 1;
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Check the HTML content with the The W3C Markup Validation Service.

Check the CSS content with the The W3C CSS Validation Service.

I've never used a JavaScript validator, but a javascript validator - Google Search turned up some possibilities.
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    BTW, on a related note, if you want to test how well your browser complies (not your work), visit the #-Link-Snipped-# page.
    KenJackson
    Check the HTML content with the The W3C Markup Validation Service.

Check the CSS content with the The W3C CSS Validation Service.

I've never used a JavaScript validator, but a javascript validator - Google Search turned up some possibilities.
    Er... What kind of JavaScript validator?

I suggest you Firebug for Firefox, which helps you to edit the properties and DOM in a fly! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ‘ for Firebug.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    yup, firebug is good, I tried it!

And Ken, thanks for the links!
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    IE can be weird with CSS and even with JavaScript. It's a hopeless piece of software.

But if your JavaScript in Chrome has problems in Firefox, check your code also!
    It might be the case that Chrome ignores some minute bugs in JavaScript while Firefox, Opera etc are getting stuck at it.

This is just a thought ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes, you are right ET. I made a small modification in the Javascript. Now it is working fine on Firefox, Opera and on all the browsers. Firebug and Online HTML Compiler helped me.

Chrome sucks and no need to say about IE, its really waste; don't know why all the government sites prefer IE!
    Sada
    Chrome sucks and no need to say about IE, its really waste; don't know why all the government sites prefer IE!
    Er... Why do you say so?
    And also, check this out. In Firefox, check out the Error Console, if you need to detect JavaScript errors, as both Chrome and Firefox follow the same standards. ๐Ÿ˜€ In Firefox (Windows), the shortcut key is Ctrl + Shift + J! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I don't know, but I don't like chrome at all. I use chrome only to check the webpages. Firefox and Opera are really good and fast. It's just what I feel.
    And thanks for the key ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's ex-CEO and now the executive chairman Mr. Eric Schmidt has confirmed that Google is working on their own branded tablet and it will be released next year; within next...
Zealiche 2012 is a Technical Symposium organized by Sengunthar Engineering College. It is national level technical fest organized by department of Chemical Engineering for the benefit of students across the...
BSNL is offering fancy aka premium mobile numbers free of cost through an online tool. You can now select your premium phone number online through BSNL's website. If you do...
MNP seems to be quite popular in India and Idea cellular is the biggest beneficiary from the service. If you've ported your number using MNP service, please share your experience....
I've been advised that on larger boards, Sphinx search would be a better option. I've collected some information about it but unable to make out whether it will be useful....