How to make a magnetic levitation suit?

Is it possible to make a magnetic suit? To either levitate human or slow down human free fall? Maybe we can first consider this in an ideal way, just scientifically how would it work????

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Magnetic levitation requires that you have two like pole fields of sufficient intensity to support the weight. Maglev is confined to very short distances. A suit alone, whatever the strength of its field, cannot levitate or even slow down free fall in the weak magnetic field of the earth.
    A maglev demo:

• lal
    lal
    That is a curiosity generating video 😐 I didnot get why the two magnets didn't attract or repel before pouring 'something', and what was that 'something' poured there #-Link-Snipped-# sir.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    lal
    That is a curiosity generating video 😐 I didnot get why the two magnets didn't attract or repel before pouring 'something', and what was that 'something' poured there #-Link-Snipped-# sir.
    That is liquid air. The effect is seen below a critical temperature. As can be seen towards the end of the video when the magnet slowly comes down as the black rectangular block warms up.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    So in the maglev trains do we use very high end electro magnets or some super conductors

Cause they as a matter of fact are the most stable things I have seen here
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    tuzkilovests
    Is it possible to make a magnetic suit? To either levitate human or slow down human free fall? Maybe we can first consider this in an ideal way, just scientifically how would it work????
    Watch the movie Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol
    There is a scene where a guy jumps down a cooling tower and is caught with the same mechanism you are talking of. Don't know if its real but you should check it out. I can't find a clip of it on YouTube.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, they indeed do. The control of the power to these on the track is what causes the train to move.

jeffrey samuel
    So in the maglev trains do we use very high end electro magnets or some super conductors

Cause they as a matter of fact are the most stable things I have seen here

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Video quality is not at all something to be very proud of. But you can still enjoy it's content. Have a first look at how apps work on Ultrabook. By...
what if you dont get a job through college campus placements ? Is there any way to get a job ? How reliable the sites like monster and Naukri.com for...
hi guys i am new to this .my name is yuvaraj.can anybody suggest me some simple topics for mini project.a simple one
Evolution of human intelligence was probably aided by survival of the fittest. This is becoming less relevant with technology (a product of human intelligence) supporting the less fit to survive....
hello everyone can anyone give me a suggestion on creating a design project which can monitor fire (with microcontroller) in a school room.