How to make a home network at home?

I give you a idea later. at first you give your`s ideas.

Replies

• AbhishekBiswas
    AbhishekBiswas
    home network means ... a lan setup with workstations at home?
    can you please tell a bit more
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    :-s.
    Setting up a LAN network is not a difficult task. All you have to do is do appropriate settings on your wireless router is you need wifi.
    I wrote a post about setting up the same . The blog url can be found in my signature
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I suppose a home network can be any sort of setup. What do you want to network at home? Do you have multiple devices at different parts of the house? Do you want to have a network storage where all your family members can access or stream media from? Use your PS3 or TV to surf the web?

In essence, how you design your home network will depend on:
    - What you want to network and requirements
    - Who will access it
    - Layout and location of your devices/users

Then you can start deciding on things like connectivity options (wireless/LAN/powerline) or types of network devices to use.

Of course, if you are pro like Durga and want to set up a home Cisco test lab with routers and switches.. then that will require more configurations 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey hieeee... i am student of IC engg..as of know i want some suggestions for my last year project..i am bit confused what to do..want some innovative n creative topic...
hello engineers i need matlab programm for my project its about barcodes image processing in matlab can anyone help me? please
im doing electronics and communication engineering... searching for new innovative ideas!!
guys...plz ans my question..i would like 2 know if it is neccesary for electrical students to learn matlab...i heard that it would be helpfull in doing a succesfull project..plz ans...
Hey friends, I'm interested in doing a project in zone based spped control system. can anyone help me in it. it also shd be implemnted in the traffic signals also