How to make a connection to a transformer

hi frnz
can any one tell me about how to make connection taking the main line from the home to directly to transformer??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    sndgpr26
    hi frnz
    can any one tell me about how to make connection taking the main line from the home to directly to transformer??
    Pls tell the input and output rating of the transformers Its turns ratio The output voltage it must provide and stuff

Other than that this is like a blindly letting us in some forest
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    Conqueror
    Pls tell the input and output rating of the transformers Its turns ratio The output voltage it must provide and stuff

Other than that this is like a blindly letting us in some forest
    i am talking about the 3 phase transformer the current thow which is drawn into our homes
  • lal
    lal
    A transformer has a primary side and secondary side. The input goes to the primary and the output is taken from the secondary. Based on the number of turns in coil in primary and secondary, the transformer may be step-up or step-down.

Distribution transformers have a star connected secondary so that the neutral is available. The three phases at the distribution side will not be uniformly loaded (that is practically impossible as loads tend to fluctuate a lot) and that is why the secondary is star connected to get the neutral. Well, there has to be a return path for the current!

You may elaborate your query so that we'll get a much clearer picture.
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    lal
    A transformer has a primary side and secondary side. The input goes to the primary and the output is taken from the secondary. Based on the number of turns in coil in primary and secondary, the transformer may be step-up or step-down.

Distribution transformers have a star connected secondary so that the neutral is available. The three phases at the distribution side will not be uniformly loaded (that is practically impossible as loads tend to fluctuate a lot) and that is why the secondary is star connected to get the neutral. Well, there has to be a return path for the current!

You may elaborate your query so that we'll get a much clearer picture.
    ok lets start from the beg....
    at 1st

why 3 phase??? why not 6 or 9 phase
  • lal
    lal
    Each phase has a dedicated winding in the alternator. These windings will be displaced 120 degrees electrically for three phase output. Say if you need six or nine phases, there has a to be a lot of space to accommodate six windings at 60 electrical degrees or nine windings at 30 electrical degrees for the same output as the three phase. Practically isn't possible as the machine will have to be constructed with huge dimensions. And besides, a six phase system can be considered as two 3 phase systems and a nine phase system as three 3 phase systems. It is all basically three phases!
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    i am very sory but i am not so much clear by this explaination..
    will you please elaborate??
  • lal
    lal
    I wasn't talking about the transformer, but the alternator. I hope you are familiar with the alternator basics and working. Do ask if it still isn't clear.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    sndgpr26
    i am very sory but i am not so much clear by this explaination..
    will you please elaborate??
    Read the article in this website : #-Link-Snipped-#
    I guess this might help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends can u please guide me where i could get the theoretical bits on thyristor......
I have been working in a small company in chandigarh. I have 1 year of experience in software testing. I am willing to switch the company in a good company....
Well This year the cars and automobiles are developing like rampant with several much awaited releases in the coming days One such awaited car is Maruti's prima facie in SUV...
Hello people please help me in getting the difference between them. Thanks in advance.
Every house with digi meter is turning out shelling a larger amount as eb bill. Is there a smarter way to reduce eb bills by getting subsidies from our government...