How to lock any Android app?

Have you ever wanted to lock your Android App? Well, Android phones and tablets do have an option to 'hide' any app from the display screens, but it does not lock them. So your friend can easily change the settings and view your hidden apps. In all such cases, you'd want an app that can lock the apps of your choice and provide a solid authentication mechanism for unlocking. Say hello to a free Android app available in Google Play store that does the job for you - the #-Link-Snipped-#.

The APP Lock will allow you to setup lock code for individual applications. Installing and setting up the App Lock is a cakewalk and requires not more than 2 minutes of your time. Just download the app from above mentioned link and install it. Once installed, launch the app. You will be asked to enter a lock code - which is a number aka password for unlocking applications. Once this step is done, you will be asked to setup a security question which will come handy in case you forget your password.

applock

Once that stage is cleared, you can then choose which individual apps to protect using this app. With just a toggle of the button, you can setup an added level of security on any application to protect your important data and information.

You may ask - will the security layer lapse if the application is uninstalled from the device? Well, there's a way to prevent that - you can setup a lock on uninstall of the APP Lock itself. Doing so will prevent anyone from uninstalling the app from your mobile without properly authenticating themselves with the password you've set.

Once all things are properly set, the system will ask you for your password before you can access the app. If you store very important personal data, phone number, credit card numbers on your phone - we'd recommend you to install this app. Make sure that you don't forget your own passkey.

If you have questions, post them below.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I am using this for some time, following is the issue i noticed -
    I applied the lock on Gallery. Now, anytime If I give phone to my little one for viewing rhymes (more than 15 seconds) after each rhyme I need to enter the password to go to next rhyme.

Reason is, in the free version of AppLock, time limit is default set to 15 seconds. One solution is to but paid version of the app, do we have any other solution to that?

-CB
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I was using this App-lock, about a year ago or so, it was quite buggy, so I never used that again.
    I am now using #-Link-Snipped-# which is a root task-killer but it can do a lot of other stuff like locking apps, battery saving, cache cleaning too (you need to be in root tho).

I have one problem, that I can't really say "NO" if someone asks me for password of locked app. So, i rather convert app into .apk & save it in folder named ".xyz" so it remains hidden in the directory & you cann re-install the app whenever you want.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Raspberry Pi, the $25 micro PC has always been a center of attraction of readers of VoiCE, whether it is its flight to outer space or its wardriving skills, Raspberry...
hello everyone i want to know the basic advantage of front wheel drive over rear wheel drive
How to convert a webpage content into a xml file through the url using java Could anyone please help me... 😉
Indian gamers should rejoice, as we speculated earlier, Sony will launch the Playstation 4 in India in this year itself. In an interview with IndianVideoGamer, Atindriya Bose, Sony's country manager...
Hello, I am doing my final year of engineering in computer Science. I would like to work in embedded systems for my final year project but i have few questions...