how to know this technology?

how do i come to know which technology a particular website has used i mean if the site has been mad in php,asp,net,java or cms but how can i determine this thing form the site itself?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You might check the source code of any site to get an idea.
  • vinci
    vinci
    well this way cant determine if the technology is other than javascript,CSS and HTML .In case of some other technology like asp.net ,php,cms,jsp etc ,source page never show the source code used for developing the site .And the source code we can see with ctrl+u button gives us glance of html view of the page .so pretty harder for determine the exact technology used.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yeah as Bigk said, looking into the source code is the main option. And some sites helps you to know by looking into their URLS; some sites extends with .html, .jsp, .php,.asp so on.
  • vinci
    vinci
    Sada
    Yeah as Bigk said, looking into the source code is the main option. And some sites helps you to know by looking into their URLS; some sites extends with .html, .jsp, .php,.asp so on.
    i agree with you but still several sites developed in java doesnt show extension as .jsp
    sites built in .net can hide .aspx from web config file and made it to .html but see the technology is still hidden from us .sites built in cms seldom shows .php
    that makes it difficult to determine the technology used
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    See, if the developer doesn't want you to know, there's no way you can know. If the developer don't care about it, he would have leave you the extensions.

Most of the sites uses HTML and now JS,CSS too. And through googling I got to know this -

If you add this text ?=PHPE9568F34-D428-11d2-A769-00AA001ACF42 at the end of the root URL, if you can see the PHP image means, its confirmed that that sites uses PHP.

And if you add this text ?=PHPE9568F35-D428-11d2-A769-00AA001ACF4 at the end of the root URL, if you can see the Zend engine logo, its confirmed that that sites uses may be PHP5 or so.

However again the developer can hide these too. As I told you it's all about the care that has taken by the developer.

Finding the language of a site is not an easy job actually.
  • vinci
    vinci
    thats what i need to discover as nothing is impossible if developers can hide the language ,i am trying to unveil the hidden truth

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1) Read your owners manual thoroughly before going off-road, or on road for that matter. Learn your vehicle. 2) Never go out alone as a short trip could be costly....
I've been studying electrical engineering topic called "Current Transformer". Can someone talk a bit about the CT Burden?
Hi everyone. This time I need help with finding the Gibbs Free Energy of this chemical reaction: CaC2(s)+2H2O(l) --> C2H2 + Ca(OH)2 The question says to use the standard-state free...
Eco-impact calculators become part of design engineering. https://www.deskeng.com/articles/aabdpd.htm