How to invite your friends to Google+?

A lot of people want to get in on the beta test #-Link-Snipped-#of Google +.
To invite your friends, you have to use a built-in e-mail option for Google+ that happens to have a viral marketing component.

Here are the steps: First, figure out who you'll send invitations to. If they're already in your Gmail address book or another Google service, you're a step ahead. If not, there's some cutting and pasting in your future.
For friends whose e-mails are already in your Gmail address book or otherwise discoverable in Google+'s Circles section, add them to a special circle you created for G+ invitees. If they're not in your contacts, just hold onto their addresses for now.
Next, start a new Google+ message, the equivalent of a Facebook update message or a Twitter tweet.

In it, type an invitation message with an expectations-lowering caution.

Here's what people have been saying: "This message serves as an invite to Google+. Google throttles the signup rate, though, so it may not work at first. If not, try again later."

Next, address the message. Clear out any existing circles, then add your Google+ invitee circle. If you have individual e-mail addresses, now's the time for pasting: click on the "+Add more people" words below the message box and paste in the addresses. You'll have to click on each one to register it as you go.
Last, click the "share" button. That's it!๐Ÿ˜‰

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Could anyone send CEans (who want to use google+) an invite?

{including me.}
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I can send you guys requests, if above method works. Actually i tried it on my friend, and it didnt work. Anyways you guys can give me your mail ids and i will try to send a request.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Try sending me one on the email mentioned in my signature.
    Thanks in advance. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    i dont think you can get an invitation on a mail which doesnt have an avtive Google profile. Anyways let me try.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Could you jot down the process of inviting others here in simple points? ๐Ÿ˜€ I am sure that would be helpful.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I guess, it's not necessary anymore.
    Everyone can access it here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I dont think everyone can access it. Only people who are invited can access that page. As i invited you thats why you were prompt to join. You have to be invited to join it.....๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I read a post about it here: #-Link-Snipped-#

But, they have mentioned the following update in the post:
    It seems it is accessible in some area only. People are still complaining that they are unable to join Google+ directly.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yeah.....i also read this news somewhere, but till now in all my friends no one is able to join without being invited.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Over the last month, more than 7,700 Googlers helped serve their communities across 400 different projects as part of GoogleServe, an employee-driven initiative organized almost entirely by volunteers. Through partnerships...
What are the best high-definition movies to watch at home? I have been looking for buying a few blu-ray disks. Can we make a list of the best HD movies...
hello....Can anyone helpme out in how to use a single supply opamp amplifying micro volt signals..? I have used the technique of shifting the virtual ground to vcc/2 with tlc272...
if your pen drive shows when your trying to do format "the disk is write protected " then.. 1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this...
Friends, I am going to buy a digital camera for vacations. I was thinking which one is the best? I want one for a rough and tough use. Something like...