How to interface smart card with AVR?

i have thought of making a door security system that uses smart card to lock and unlock. but i have no idea about any of the smart card module that can be easily interfaced with AVR microcontrollers. can anyone suggest me the suitable smart card moudle or any link that might be helpful to begin my project.
here's a link through which i got to know about the project, but it uses 8051 MC instead. but i intend to use AVR!

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If a system is interfacable with 8051 then it can be implemented using any AVR or higher Mc or MP

Both 8051 and AVR are 8 bit MCs so we can use them interchangably

Change the source code to match the specifications of AVR and you have your idea.

For searching in Google use the tag line Interfacing RS232 with AVR you will find lots of ideas

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was browsing CE and it hit me that we really miss a dedicated thread about LEDs. Does that matter? No, it doesn't. But, I thought it would be great...
Today i got placed in NIIT technologies ltd. Noida. Job profile will be either system admin or technical writer. Does anyone know how is the company and how is the...
This really brought out a roar laugh in me. ​
The biggest chip maker in the world Intel and Opening Ceremony, one of the leading brands in retail spaces, showroom, and gallery in the US have teamed up to launch...
Here's wishing a very happy birthday to one of the most wonderful writers on CrazyEngineers. 🎉 @Dhananjay Harkare Here's a song dedicated from the entire CrazyEngineers Team to you 😁...