How to install Wi-Fi in Laptop to connect to internet?

I want to have wi-fi connection in my Laptop. At home I am using BSNL broadband modem. Can someone give me step by step guide, how to install Wi-fi network?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Do you have wifi modem in your Laptop? Please check some old laptop dosn't have it.

1. Purchase a Belkin N150 Wireless Router without Modem - BELKIN : Flipkart.com . Depend on your need go for models N150 is good for all general purpose upto 15Mbps connection but file transfer in local network is very slow around 1Mbps only.
    2. Note down your IP and DNS server provided by BSNL, if you have DHCP then there is no need
    3. For Router setup, connect your Ethernet Cable (which is currently in your laptop) to Belkin router in yellow socket, and one more Ethernet cable from Belkin router to your laptop.
    4. Install belkin software and start it.
    5. if everything is right you don't have to setup anything else. (In setup, you can set password for router). Also don't forget to set password for your Belkin router page (which is used to manage your local network)
    6. Once setup is done, leave your BSNL modem to Wifi router connection. remove the computer conneciton and connect via wifi network.
    If you are facing any issue😁 problem , shoot 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have this. Will it work?[​IMG]
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes, this is WIFI router, No need to purchase new one 😀

Check this ,
    www.xamres.com
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    This should help you to configure your router.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Are you having a inbuilt wifi in your laptop? If the answer is no then you should want to check the following link to buy a wifi dongle.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I had used it in my laptop .It will come with a installation cd which will very easy to install.After installation of driver you will be able to see a wifi icon on right down side.Open it search for your broadband wifi router.If password is set, enter the passkey and connect it.
    Hope it helps you.You can slso teather your android phone via portable hotspot option in phone.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Please don't confuse the OP. WIfi Dongle are used in absence of a wifi device (Issue already has a device as shown above) every laptop has its own WIFI hardware inbuilt and doesn't need a dongle. Dongle is JUST a portable modem and can be considered as an alternative.

@#-Link-Snipped-#: please follow the links provided by Anoop, they should be of help. Once the wifi device is setup , there is nothing much to be done on your laptop. Just look for the relevant SSID you have provided while setting up the wifi on your wireless router and enter the relevant passphrase.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Almost every laptop would surely have a Wi-Fi. You need to make sure that it's turned on - either through a physical switch or through a key-combo on your laptop's keyboard. Once the wireless adapter is turned on, it should identify all the available networks around you.

Now, for BSNL router - you need to configure your connection name and access password. If you know which wireless network is your wi-fi router has created, try connecting to it. If there's a password set, you will have to reset your router and then configure it from scratch. It's not very difficult.

Refer to the manual that accompanies your router and see what are the default passwords. Once connected to the wireless network, you should be able to tweak settings by visiting #-Link-Snipped-# . The default router login password for most of the routers is admin / admin OR root / root OR admin / password. You should get this information in the router manual.

I hope this helps. If not, please let us know the steps you've executed and where exactly you're stuck. That should help others help you better.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thank you all. I will just try your suggestions 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thankyou friends. I successfully connected my laptop with wifi. Writing this post with new wifi and new laptop.

Thankyou everyone.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    How did you connect it?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    How did you connect it?
    Go through the ianoop's post and that will walk you through.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Actually I went to 192.168.1.1 and did what biggie told me in his post.
  • z26z broadband
    z26z broadband
    I'm looking that CrazyEngineers is a good platform well first of all hello to everybody. I deal in internet broadband services at chandigarh. I will try to solve many of internet related problems. soon i will visit again to answer some of easy questions Thanks.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think that this has been a really useful and informative post for a lot of newbie Internet users. Can someone volunteer to create a PDF that we can keep for download?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A Fora video talk on entrepreneurship: https://fora.tv/2013/09/26/The_Corne...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-16475fd76d-295725241
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Gionee has launched its latest flagship device in the Indian market- the Elife E6, for Rs 22,999/-. The handset sports a uni-body design, and features a 5-inch...
hi, we are aware that in frequency modulation, frequency of carrier is made proportional to message signals (without adding any constant term). Similar are the principles of phase modulation, angle...
hello, I am enthralled to inform you that this year we are trying to simulate a photo-detector using MAT LAB. It stands out from the lot in the fact that...
Only when they would have thought the situation is under control, the world-famous code sharing website - GitHub got under a DDoS attack twice in a row in last two...