How to increase the downloading speed ?

Hello friend's
I have created a downloader using java.But it works slower.I want to increase the downloading speed like IDM and DAP.
But i don't have any idea how to increase the downloading speed.
Anybody have idea how the IDM and DAP like downloader increase the downloading speed ?

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    How do you measure your downloading speed?

What is the size of your file?
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    praveena211
    How do you measure your downloading speed?
    I haven't added this facility till now.

praveena211
    What is the size of your file?
    Actually i have used some external classes i haven't completed this project.
    But i think the size is about 20 to 30 kb.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    First, parallel downloading. Make your download to download in bits... By separating a single file into multiple parts... πŸ˜€
    Second, use redundant and backup servers... πŸ˜€
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    @praveen any idea how this can be done ?
    I mean how i can do the parts of a downloadable file ?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Seriously I have no idea buddy, unless you say what procedure are you using. But one thing is, you can get some open source downloaders or something or even Mozilla Firefox's DTA Addon and check out the coding... πŸ˜€
  • theinam
    theinam
    friday 5:20pm

i am also created that downloader by using the book THE COMPLETE REFERENCE in java
    the downloading speed in that is fully depending on the connection to that project to the system
    you must to know that protocols for the downloading
    there are many in the open source
    try it in web
  • BaronDavis
    BaronDavis
    Hi friends,

IDM is the best. The way IDM downloads is different. When compared to direct downloading IDM utilizes max usage to download. The sites only allows one path for downloading for 1IP. So these download managers will make many links, So it can download at higher speed.

Thanks a lot.
    Baron Davis
  • stevenreed034
    stevenreed034
    Use downloading software like download manager or torrent.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai, therei'm a student of final year diploma electrical. I need some project subjects. Could you please help meπŸ˜€
TataSky - premium DTH service providers in India have launched the Tata Sky Mobile Access App for iOS devices including iPhone and iPad. The new app allows you to get...
Motorola XOOM India users rejoice. Motorola will roll out Honeycomb 3.1 for your XOOM tablets from today. The new version will offer resizable apps for gmail, calendar and browser, support...
i want to mini projects ideas on vb -orcles
AirTel is offering 3G services in most of the regions in India now. I'm wondering whether we've CEans who're using AirTel 3G networks on their phones? If yes, how is...