How to improve programming skills?

how can i improve my prog skills????

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nivedhalak
    The only tried and tested way to improve your programming skills is by attempting programming challenges on your own, without relying on external help. Seek help only when it's absolutely necessary and you've given your best shot.

Another thing you can do is to participate in open source projects and learn from other programmers.

You could be an active part of programming discussions here on CE to improve your knowledge and then turn it to hone your skills.

You could take up a small coding project on your own and try to work on it all by yourself.

That'd surely improve your programming skills.
  • ashie
    ashie
    u can start by using indiabix.com....they have good question....finding the output types...
    also refer dr.R.nageswara rao...this book is awesome..clear basic concept
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    nivedhalak
    You must take up real time problems and try to write an algorithm for it and then implement it in a language of your own choice. For example, as a beginner, think of how your electricity bill gets calculated? How about just enter the number of units and the program must give the bill based on the cost per unit? How do you think that happened? You can think of the logic that you can multiply cost per unit with the total number of units. Now that you got the logic, writing it in any programming language is not a big deal. Writing a program for electricity bill is not a big issue but I cited this example to make the process clear. As a starter start with these kind of programs. On the next day, try new programs based on conditional constructs and so on. Try solving a problem by writing a program. How about you enter two matrices and the programs gives you the multiplication of them? Won't it be a good rather than multiplying every element of column with every element of row of another matrix? This way you can build up.
    Remember, The foundation must be strong then only a building can be built on it. All the best. In case of any doubts in any step of the programs you write, feel free to post it on CE and we will reach out and help you
  • nivedhalak
    nivedhalak
    well thanks 4r all who hv replied to my quote....... now i`m entering into 3rd yr ,wat kinda programming language i must choose to improve myself..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nivedhalak
    well thanks 4r all who hv replied to my quote....... now i`m entering into 3rd yr ,wat kinda programming language i must choose to improve myself..
    I think almost everyone starts with C & C++. If you're already familiar with these programming languages, you might pick up something on the web side like PHP or JavaScript. It should be fun to learn.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    nivedhalak
    You need to go for C first as it will make learning other languages quite easier.. Get a great book like The Complete Reference by Herbert Schildt and start learning. Its one awesome book
  • nivedhalak
    nivedhalak
    The_Big_K
    I think almost everyone starts with C & C++. If you're already familiar with these programming languages, you might pick up something on the web side like PHP or JavaScript. It should be fun to learn.

suggest som of t website & author to learn PHP or JavaScript.......
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nivedhalak
    suggest som of t website & author to learn PHP or JavaScript.......
    If you're entirely new to programming, I'd strongly suggest the Head First series of books for any programming language. Head First PHP is a good book to start with the basics of PHP without getting bored. Head First JavaScript is also a good book. I'd strongly recommend learning a new language from a book than following an online course.

You can always discuss code and logic problem with fellow CEans in CS/IT engineering section.
  • ashie
    ashie
    Go with c first....b'coz u can't jump to any prog. lang. before knowing abc...first step c,second c++ then java...u can refer yashwant kanetkar...
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Just do some freelancing.It will make strong your concepts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks.​ How do you survive?​ ​
hi my friends, i dont know how calculate the height of fluid within a spherical tank. liquid is a compressible fluid (vinil choloride monomer) and we have top and below...
A mechanical and Automation engineer pursuing Final year of B.Tech from G.G.S.I.P.University. Looking for an opportunity where I can get immense learning platforms and enhance my capabilities and practical knowledge.
HI FRNDS IAM NEW FOR THIS SITE BUT IAM NOT NEW FOR ENGINEERING ... MY NAME IS NITESH CHOWDARY , IAM FINAL YEAR STUDENT OF MECH. AND IAM HAPPY TO...
Hello CEans! The CE Bengaluru meet 2012 is being planned to be held during July. We are setting a flexible date between 15th and 25th. More details will be updated...