CrazyEngineers
  • Deena Nath
    Deena Nath

MemberJan 3, 2012

How to host a website?

I would like to know about web-hosting's process. I am planning to develop my own website and want to host it too. But I don't know how to host my website. I have heard that I need a server and a lease line for that but I don't know what to do with that.
    Please help me...please someone if you know about it please reply soon.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 3, 2012

Deena Nath
    I would like to know about web-hosting's process. I am planning to develop my own
    website and want to host it too. But I don't know how to host my website. I have heard that I need a server and a lease line for that but I don't know what to do with that.
    Please help me...please someone if you know about it please reply soon.
    Following articles I posted some time ago would be useful -

1. #-Link-Snipped-#

2. #-Link-Snipped-#

3. #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Dancer_Engineer

MemberJan 3, 2012

The_Big_K
    Following articles I posted some time ago would be useful -

1. #-Link-Snipped-#

2. #-Link-Snipped-#

3. #-Link-Snipped-#
    Awesome articles. 👍
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 3, 2012

@Deena Nath: You won't need a leased line and a server. You may host a website on your own; but that's going to be a very costly affair. Depending on the needs of your website, I'd recommend going for a shared hosting plan for about $3.5 - $8 per month.
    Cancel
  • Dancer_Engineer

MemberJan 3, 2012

@Big,
    What is a shared hosting plan?
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 4, 2012

Dancer_Engineer
    @Big,
    What is a shared hosting plan?
    Shared hosting is basically a big, dedicated computer 'shared' by several websites. Many web hosts create virtual accounts on a server and sell it separately to different customers. All the resources (memory, CPU, storage) is shared by all the websites running on that machine. Ideal for any small website. CE too was initially hosted on a shared server.
    Cancel
  • ShrinkDWorld

MemberJan 4, 2012

You have to register a domain. Then buy a hosting as per requirement of your site.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 4, 2012

Yep, the first step is to decide the nature of the website. A simple content based website will do absolutely fine on a shared hosting environment.
    Cancel
  • aicbal

MemberFeb 2, 2012

Hi, Check my blog to find, how to host, buy domain name, use theme, etc. etc. I think it may help.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register