How to host a website?

I would like to know about web-hosting's process. I am planning to develop my own website and want to host it too. But I don't know how to host my website. I have heard that I need a server and a lease line for that but I don't know what to do with that.
Please help me...please someone if you know about it please reply soon.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Deena Nath
    I would like to know about web-hosting's process. I am planning to develop my own
    website and want to host it too. But I don't know how to host my website. I have heard that I need a server and a lease line for that but I don't know what to do with that.
    Please help me...please someone if you know about it please reply soon.
    Following articles I posted some time ago would be useful -

1. #-Link-Snipped-#

2. #-Link-Snipped-#

3. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Following articles I posted some time ago would be useful -

1. #-Link-Snipped-#

2. #-Link-Snipped-#

3. #-Link-Snipped-#
    Awesome articles. 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Deena Nath: You won't need a leased line and a server. You may host a website on your own; but that's going to be a very costly affair. Depending on the needs of your website, I'd recommend going for a shared hosting plan for about $3.5 - $8 per month.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Big,
    What is a shared hosting plan?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Big,
    What is a shared hosting plan?
    Shared hosting is basically a big, dedicated computer 'shared' by several websites. Many web hosts create virtual accounts on a server and sell it separately to different customers. All the resources (memory, CPU, storage) is shared by all the websites running on that machine. Ideal for any small website. CE too was initially hosted on a shared server.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    You have to register a domain. Then buy a hosting as per requirement of your site.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, the first step is to decide the nature of the website. A simple content based website will do absolutely fine on a shared hosting environment.
  • aicbal
    aicbal
    Hi, Check my blog to find, how to host, buy domain name, use theme, etc. etc. I think it may help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One problem that solar energy resources face is that the amount of energy used is very less than what it absorbs. Also, this energy needs to be converted into heat...
Internationally coveted IEEE Spectrum magazine's TopTECH projects to look out for in the upcoming 2012 year ! What more would you like to add to it guys?! Get the Link...
This blog covers all the topics of which concentrates on Engineering syllabus,GATE,Placement Questions of Multi National Companies. This archive contains a complete course for you to learn the...
When the world opens its doors for the new state-of-art electric vehicles in need of the rising global eco-challenges; how could the flying machines stay back in line?! Three test-flights...
I've recently had few of my friends give up their cushy MNC IT jobs to join startups in the product domain. Their main decision maker was 'the missing challenge'. I...