How To Hire When You've Limited Money? - Startup Issue

For the start-up companies, hiring is a perpetual problem. On one hand start-up companies need exceptional engineers to work on the products and turn the ideas into reality. On the other hand the talent comes at a price (in most of the cases). Startups usually are on limited budgets which makes it tad difficult for them to attract the best talent.

So there are ways to get around this.

1. First is to offer a share of the company to the most important people in the company. That way, you get them in the same boat as you are. If the company does well, everyone wins. If not, you suffer the loss equal to your share. Fair deal!

2. Selling the dream: This is what's advised by most of the successful entrepreneurs. Find the individuals who share the vision and dream. They'll chip in without demanding much and work with you towards your goal. When your company is successful, you all win. If not, you had nothing to lose.

I've often wondered whether there are other ways of recruiting people when you're on limited budgets, yet you want world class people to work with you.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is exactly what a CEan start up is doing with his dream project. Seems to be succeeding too. Another Cean is doing an internship there now. Every bit helps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

They say, if you can't sell; don't start a business. Because your business will only survive when you are able to sell. This discussion is about the importance selling and...
Mozilla announces their contention in mobile OS arena via Firefox OS powered mobile phones. Firefox OS has the same idea as Android i.e. to have an open source platform with...
India's popular tech blog pluggd.in is airing their unPluggd event live. Check it out here - https://www.pluggd.in/live/ There are lot of interesting speakers including Amit Ranjan of Slideshare, Aloke Bajpai...
Hi, I wish to do my final year CS project in mobile computing field. Could anyone please give me any ideas you might have for an android application? I have...
I'm an unemployed guy looking for a job in the middle east (gulf countries).. Only graduates from other fields such as mech, civil, ee, ec r being recruited to middle...