how to hide a drive partition in computer ??

Here’s how:
1. First open Command Prompt (Start>Run>Type “cmd” without the quotes)

2. On the flushing cursor type “diskpart” (again without the quotes) Note: Wait for the Diskpart> and the flushing cursor to appear, usually it takes 5 seconds.
3. After the Diskpart> appears, type “list volume” (no quotes ok). It will then show all the drive in your computer including optical drives.

4. Select the drive you like to hide, for example using my system configuration, I want to hide drive d: then I’ll just type “select volume 3” (excluding the quotes). This varies depending on your system configuration.
5. After that, type “remove letter D” (again without the quotes). Then exit command prompt.
Your drive now is hidden, don’t worry its not been deleted of formatted, we just hide it. So if you want to see your drive again just follow the following.
To unhide the partition, repeat the steps 1-4 and on step 5 type “assign letter D” (ok again without the quote).
That’s all; your drive now is not hidden.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

if SI engine fuel is changed from Petrol to LPG (Liquified petroleum gas), will there be any drop in engine life. What are the adverse effects expected from the outcome...
Hi All, Since last few hours I am trying a script for disabling right click in all browsers done either through keyboard or mouse. It is working fine in other...
i am making a IR emitter detector circuit in which i have to use a preset resistor which is a three pin variable resistor of this type- please anyone tell...
Air traffic control: It’s a good topic you can choose it, but try to stress on Indian ATC. Active pixel sensor😔or the CMOS sensor) can be clubbed along with the...
what is the torque required to run the bicycle having the weight of 100 kg. assume data self regarding: 1) friction * rolling friction take dia of tyre= 18" *...